WA SE III Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know someone that called the Board today and they told him that the website updates would not be complete until Monday.

Congratulations to all who found out they passed today!!!

I didn't receive my letter yet and of course my online status didn't change. I'm 99.99999% sure I didn't pass, but where is my letter???

Several of you reported a change in online status, but haven't received their letter yet. Are you guys outside of Washington?

May be I should call the board tomorrow....

Anyone on living in Washington State and haven't received their letter yet? Let's get a head count please! So far it is only me!

Anyone living in Washington State and haven't received their letter yet? Let's get a head count please! So far it is only me!

Anyone living in Washington State and haven't received their letter yet? Let's get a head count please! So far it is only me!

WaEngineer,

Your score could be so close to 24 (within 2 points.) If it is the case, your exam is being re-graded. The final result will probably be out next week. Mine is being regraded as well. And yes, I do live in WA.

WaEngineer,

Your score could be so close to 24 (within 2 points.) If it is the case, your exam is being re-graded. The final result will probably be out next week. Mine is being regraded as well. And yes, I do live in WA.
How do you know? Did you call them? Did they tell you the result will be out next week? I know I'm having a nervous breakdown LOL

WaEngineer,

How do you know? Did you call them? Did they tell you the result will be out next week? I know I'm having a nervous breakdown LOL
Yes, I did called them up today. They said it will be out next week. I went through the same deal last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
WaEngineer,

Yes, I did called them up today. They said it will be out next week. I went through the same deal last year.
Thanks for the info PIYA. I'm still not going to get my hopes up. Did your grade go up or down after regrading last year?

Congrats to those who passed!. For those who didn't, try to stay motivated. Best of luck to all!!

WaEngineer,

Thanks for the info PIYA. I'm still not going to get my hopes up. Did your grade go up or down after regrading last year?
I don't think that your score will go down. It might not change after the regrading but if you are lucky, it could go up enough to pass. For me, the score did not change last year. At least, I got to see how I did for each problem.

Hey, congrats bcy!!
:party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048:
Thanks kevo!

It’s interesting to see how the WA board handles the letters to us. I believe the board is rescoring the candidates within a few +/- points of the cut score, and they have sent letters to us who are not in this range. This morning I sent them an e-mail asking for an electronic copy of the letter and they replied (without checking, I guess) that my exam is being reviewed and rescored. I sent them an e-mail again after I found that my status has been updated. A guy from the board called me and verbally confirmed I passed, had a good grade and the letter was sent last week. WaEngineer and others who have not received the letter and not seen the updated status, hang in there and wish you all best of luck!

Got the letter and no scores was given. Hope those waiting buddies will get good result next week.

It turns out my neighbour had my letter all a long! As I expected my score wouldn't be more than 22, I scored 21.5. I wish they would pick a cut score upfront so that we know what we are shooting for. In my case, I was shooting to score around 20, so when I got stuck on something, I left it and moved on to the next part. This was obviously the wrong strategy. One needs to try to score on all parts. I still think it is unfair to have the cut score as a moving target so that no more than 25% pass at a time.

Congratulations to those who passed!! You should be very proud!! Better luck for those of us who didn't make it.

Congratulations to all who found out they passed today!!!
I didn't receive my letter yet and of course my online status didn't change. I'm 99.99999% sure I didn't pass, but where is my letter???

Several of you reported a change in online status, but haven't received their letter yet. Are you guys outside of Washington?

May be I should call the board tomorrow....
I live in Nebraska and finally got my letter yesterday. My Structural endorsement showed up on the website on Thursday.

It turns out my neighbour had my letter all a long! As I expected my score wouldn't be more than 22, I scored 21.5. I wish they would pick a cut score upfront so that we know what we are shooting for. In my case, I was shooting to score around 20, so when I got stuck on something, I left it and moved on to the next part. This was obviously the wrong strategy. One needs to try to score on all parts. I still think it is unfair to have the cut score as a moving target so that no more than 25% pass at a time.
Congratulations to those who passed!! You should be very proud!! Better luck for those of us who didn't make it.
WaEngineer,

I am sorry to hear of your bad news. I don't expect my luck to change with the re-grading but will wait for the letter next week anyway.

Back