Virginia results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're making O-4, shouldn't you be buying? At least I know in the Navy they have "wetting downs", I'm not sure if the other branches have anything similar.

THEY'RE UP ON DPOR'S WEBSITE!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great, PE HWY only missed it by a few hours, so I get a PE AND a case of beer.

From what I can tell, about 90-100 new names were added - did that few people pass this time?

Yeah, really. Remember, this whole process hasn't exactly been the greatest example of efficiency. I'd be willing to bet one of the beers in HWY PE's case that not all the names have been posted yet. Nothing is certain until the letter comes.

FWIW I got this response from DPOR:

The License Lookup should now be updated with current information and new licensees.

Finally, I made it. Thanks to EngineerBoards.com for letting me know the result was out. This morning, I was not sure whether I should check this website first or the DPOR VA website. I checked the EB.com, and the "Virginia Results" Thread was on top of the list, and clicked on it. Then, I rushed to DPOR VA to find my name. Scrolled down. Wow! I made it. It happened in just first time.

My message to those who could not make it on first time is: Focus on Syllabus. I passed without any Guidebook, without any coaching classes, without any special PE EXam specific books or tutoring services. You can do it. I downloaded the reports and research papers from Internet whenever I was not sure about the contents in the syllabus, and the reference books could not address the issue properly to the level of my satisfaction.

Thanks to DPOR VA for finally making the wait worth.

What next?

:party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, after weeks of searching my name and getting nothing, seeing it this morning was unexpected. Also, before HWY PE says something... the database does say it was updated 7/24/08 (yesterday), but it hadn't been updated when I went to bed late last night and this morning at 5:55AM it was unavailable for processing.

Next... time to start studying for the SE1. I just found out they passed the new GI Bill and that my wife and I both qualify, so maybe we'll make plans to head back to school for a bit too.

GeoCivil... good call on your theory of checking 04020443* and 04020444*. Your hypothesis was correct: today's numbers are 66 and 42, respectively. That's a technique we'll have to be sure to pass on to the next folks.

I passed!!! First time electrical-power.

Congratulations to all other new Virginia PEs!!!

Great! Since moving to Florida, I've been missing those local Virginia brews. We'll share the tab in honor of the completion of your command. I just took command a year ago and am having a blast, although I'm working more than ever before, so I know you've got to be feeling some relief now.

Congrats guys who passed!!! I'll definitely be sticking around to read everyone's helpful tips for passing! :)

Damn, HWY PE, that was a close call... you've got me thinking you must have a mole inside the State Board office!

HWY PE said:
On another note. I will be in Fredericksburg this Saturday night, if you feel like making it down that way I'll at least provide you with 1/24th of what I owe you.
However, you probably should be buying, because I am changing out of command and I'm pinning on O-4 in just a few short months.
Congrats on the pending promotion... does the Army do "wetting downs" like the Navy? I was recently selected for O-5 but it will be at least a year before I start getting paid. So no wetting down until the pay raise hits!

I've got plans to meet some "paesani" for pizza on Saturday night - otherwise I'd gladly make the trip for the beer...

This is my first post, but I've been lurking for quite a while now. As I searched for my name this morning on dpor for what seemed like the 1000th striaght day, it still did not come up, however I noticed that others whom I knew took the exam the same day as me did. So I find myself in slight disbelief, of coure I realized the possibility of not passing, but I wasn't really ready. I thought I did ok.

Anyway, I'm looking for any glimmer of hope until I actually get a letter.

On the license lookup, typing in 04020442** gets you 81 results.

0443** gets 66

0444** gets 42

0445** gets 70

0446** gets 74

Could it be that they haven't finished updating for all the April 2008 exam takers? I'm probably grasping.

Latest posts

Back