Virginia PE Status

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the thing that upsets me the most is that it's the individual states that are bumbling with things, NCEES is the overall testing faculty, they should do away with a by state system and just have a national system; however, that makes too much sense.
of course they could do that but why shoud they?this way is much easy to justify the money...

Last edited by a moderator:
the thing that upsets me the most is that it's the individual states that are bumbling with things, NCEES is the overall testing faculty, they should do away with a by state system and just have a national system; however, that makes too much sense.
of course they could do that but why shoud they?this way is much easy to justify the money...I really hate them
You guys do realize that NCEES works for the states and not the other way around, right? So the states have the power. The only way it could become national is if the states allowed it. You should really try to learn the how things are done before making sweeping statements and broad generalizations........

I really don't want to remember how I lost 1year with my case. I tried to apply in Maryland but they denied my case. After second attempt I was denied againg but I asked for a public meeting with the Board. At the meeting the Board couldn't even look me in the eyes and admit they were wrong both times. They just said we will reconsider your case and the next day I was told I can take the exam.

The problem is the states have relinquished all control over to NCEES but they still want to have their dog and pony show of "approving" the results.

Help me out here.....how does PCS and NCEES coordinate? Does PCS score the exam and then report it to the states or does NCEES do that?

Help me out here.....how does PCS and NCEES coordinate? Does PCS score the exam and then report it to the states or does NCEES do that?
From what I understand PCS is the middle man between NCEES and the state. NCEES grades the exam and sends the results to PCS. PCS completes a "reconciliation process" and contacts the state when it's done. The state will then give PCS the go ahead to tell NCEES to release the results.

Infact, he got his diagonistic report on ncees website updated on Wednesday afternoon for Maryland.
MD? Now this is not funny. I'm still waiting in MD. I chatted with NCEES today and was told they`re waiting for the "go ahead" from MD board.

Are you sure your friend is in MD...? Am I sure I took the exam in MD?
I checked with my friend and he took PE in MD and got diagnostic report on Wednesday.

It will be strange if MD is releasing the results in bits.
Is it possible that NCEES take decision irrespective of states if candidates do not meet or exceed their criteria for pass? Any one else from MD or other states (that has not released results yet) with diagnostic report?

of course they could do that but why shoud they?this way is much easy to justify the money...I really hate them
You guys do realize that NCEES works for the states and not the other way around, right? So the states have the power. The only way it could become national is if the states allowed it. You should really try to learn the how things are done before making sweeping statements and broad generalizations........

I do understand how this works; however, it's the same process that my wife followed for her CPA. Now that system is more natonalized and can be taken at testing centers... it's not a bad request for it to be nationalized.

Any word on when VA examinees will get results?...The waiting is driving me crazy!! :rtft:

Any word for VA results? It's very difficult to stay focused at work ---->> :waitwall:

Any word for VA results? It's very difficult to stay focused at work ---->> :waitwall:
Same here, I've been checking like every ten minutes. I called the VA Board a few mins ago and the lady said they still haven't gotten the results from NCEES.

Seriously, it is time for VA to release the results. anybody checked DPOR site for change in PE numbers?

The number of PE reported on DPOR stands at 40221. Watch for any change to this number.

Back