Total Eclipse of the ?? (Heart) .. no the sun

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I didn't have a free room and another reason to go there, I'd probably just see what I could from here.  Some guys in the flying club are planning to take a couple of the planes to a little airport in southern IL to watch it. 

#14 welding lenses for sale from my personal collection.  Only $100 each for a once in a lifetime opportunity!  $300 buys the entire head gear!

At CDOT we're treating it like a major holiday and prohibiting lane closures on our construction projects.

Minisnicks school is making the eclipse an in-school field trip of sorts.  They bought viewing glasses and lesson plan to go with and sent home a permission slip.  No signature no outside during the eclipse.  

All inclusive eclipse package now available! 

$300 for welding helmet with headgear, or $800 (best value) includes 98% partially guaranteed viewing experience! 

The Eclipse Experience includes parking either in my driveway or in front of my house, and your choice of Premium (folding chair in my driveway) or Premium Select (add $100, folding chair on my back deck).  Both packages include choice of pickled herring or sardines, and all-you-can-drink tap water (cubed and crushed ice available upon request).  

All inclusive eclipse package now available! 

$300 for welding helmet with headgear, or $800 (best value) includes 98% partially guaranteed viewing experience! 

The Eclipse Experience includes parking either in my driveway or in front of my house, and your choice of Premium (folding chair in my driveway) or Premium Select (add $100, folding chair on my back deck).  Both packages include choice of pickled herring or sardines, and all-you-can-drink tap water (cubed and crushed ice available upon request).  
I think @Road Guy is trying to undercut your sale on FB. LOL

Do you have any gluten free options and/or will (good) beer be available?

Water is gluten free.

Sure, you could go see it in Colorado, though technically you'll see it on the east coast first.  And if you ain't first, you're last!

People in our area are going crazy cause they didn't buy any of those stupid glasses and now just about everywhere is sold out. I whish I had bought the whole box I saw at home depot a few months ago.  Would be hustling the **** out of them.

also lots of people leaving their kids home from school o their kids don't go blind looking at the sun (must be the ones from Cali)

I've got a hydrogen alpha solar telescope I can rent for the bargain price of $2,000 for the event, and a regular telescope fitted with a white light solar filter for $1,000 :D .  Way better than welding goggles or cheapo solar glasses!

It is a real big deal here in Nashville.  Schools are out, bars with outside decks have waiting lists, and crowds equivalent to the Stanley Cup playoffs and CMA fest are expected.   We are strongly encouraged to work from home that day.  Our company tried to obtain the glasses, but it fell through.  I order some goggles from Amazon a couple of weeks ago, but grabbed a couple a pairs at Kroger for $2 each when I saw them  (they quickly sell out).  I am glad I did because the Amazon order fell through.  My S.O. and our dogs will be going to the large park down the street on Monday with our glasses  and lunch to enjoy the eclipse. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my chances of seeing the eclipse just went up in smoke. I have to go to Maryland for a design review on Monday and I'll be in a conference room going through drawings all afternoon... That sucks!

well at least you wont have to worry about melting your retinas looking at the sun!

I'll see it in the time-lapse photography on the news.

We just happen to be in the 100% zone so we are going to take a long lunch and see it with the kiddos (who are out of school due to this).  Honestly though, if I had to take off work or drive over an hour to see it, I would just give it a passing glance.  I think there are two types of people: those that will make a day/night of it, spend mucho dineros and have planned on it for a long time and then those that couldn't really care less.  I fit into to the latter group pretty good.

I wasn't planning on anything special, but I was looking forward to watching it. We're supposed to be around 97% coverage here, so almost a total eclipse. At least the kids will get to see it.

depending on where i look, some sources say we will see 97% others say 90% so who knows what we will actually see.

I have decided that I am going to pass on making the drive to Wyoming,  its normally a train wreck heading there on a normal weekend when its just north Denver trying to go camping.

Back