--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have been here yesterday... my kid gets chronic sinus infections, so when she started coughing up bright green stuff, I knew we needed some antibiotics. So, off to the doctor. Appt was at 9:45, the nurse leads us to a room at 10:50. At 11:15, we finally see the doctor for all of 90 seconds. She writes a script and sends us on our way. Fill the script on the way home and give it (with lunch) to my very hungry 6yr old. 5 minutes later, lunch is on the floor, on the cabinets, on the wall...

I call the doc's office and the nurse says, "Yes, sometimes that medicine causes mild stomach upset." !!!!! Honey, this wasn't mild! this was projectile vomiting!

So, back to the pharmacy for a different antibiotic, wait a couple of hours and try the new one (with a 2nd lunch). That one stays down but goes through her like mexican food and beer!

She insisted on going to school today because it's picture day, but I send an extra pair of undies just in case (and I'm waiting for the school nurse to call...)

I sympathize with anyone taking care of a sick kid. I had my share. Good luck and hope they are well soon.

My son finally feels better. 5 full days of projectile vomiting, from a just-turned 4 year old with mild autism who can't yet talk enough to tell me what he wants, or where it hurts. Needless to say, it was hell. For him and his Daddy and Mommy. We did pretty well keeping him hydrated, but he still had to go on an IV for a few hours on Monday. I'm glad it's all over... I'd glady be the one to be vomiting for 5 days instead of a little kid. What did people do before modern medicine? That must be why people had such large families in the past. I swear that if it wasn't for medicine and doctors, I would be childless by now. Scary thought.

^^It's amazing the things a kid can do to break your heart, though. When I got the call from my wife that the doctor put him on an IV, I rushed to the hospital to see him. When I walked in the room, he raised his arm up for me to see, which was tthoroughly taped to a board so he wouldn't pull out the IV, and said (in the softest little voice) "Daddy - arm - broken." :sniff:

Last edited by a moderator:
My girls are old enough that they can control where they vomit (unless they're drunk), but the dog puked on the floor tonight. AAARRRGH!

pet_puke.gif

^^^ Ugh !!! :wacko:

I need to counteract that image ..............

puppiesmakeitbetter-4959jzhb5.jpeg

:)

JR

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't get pictures of the dog puke, but it was very much like the image that VT so graciously provided. YUCK!

I am feeling like hell today. Don't remember when was the last time I felt the way I am feeling today. I feel no energy at all and a huge desire to be at home sleeping.

I'd rather be home too. I just have a lot of stuff to do that I've been putting off for months because it's been so busy at work. I think I'll either take off early today or take tomorrow off all together. I think I could take the whole week off and not catch up.

I am actually running late going into work this morning. I am just now getting the motivation to coagulate my fecal matter and hit the road. I had a fleeting moment of just taking the day out of work but I have a conference call and a busy travel schedule coming up.

JR

Today has just been a day of getting all sorts of shit piled on me. It actually seems like the week should set up nice, but it is like the calm before the storm here....

Anyone want to go for a liquid lunch here in Red Bank tomorrow???

-Ray

Some of us at work today decided that it would be much more tolerable if we could get drunk at work. :beerchug:

Back