--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to give up and realize that I am not in my 20's anymore. Played a co-ed softball game last night and I am barely alive today. I cannot mention a part of my body that is not hurting right now.

I took a dive for a ball(playing short stop) and to add to the insult the cup hurt one of the "boys". Should I have another kid he/she will be lefty because I don't think the right one will ever work again. OOOOOOOOUUUUUUCH

I have to give up and realize that I am not in my 20's anymore. Played a co-ed softball game last night and I am barely alive today. I cannot mention a part of my body that is not hurting right now.
I took a dive for a ball(playing short stop) and to add to the insult the cup hurt one of the "boys". Should I have another kid he/she will be lefty because I don't think the right one will ever work again. OOOOOOOOUUUUUUCH

Please refrain from discussing your balls again, ever.

That is all.

^^^ Hey .. it's all good! Sorry to hear one of your boys is going to be out of action though - that is extremely painful :wacko:

On a slightly diff note - it is amazing how true many of us that were VERY active in sports and the like in our younger age now end up really hurting things. One of the facility reps I work with tore .. notice I saw TORE .. his achilles heel playing basketball. :smileyballs: I saw him last month after he had nearly 5 months of physical therapy and he could still barely walk.

Take care of yourself B-I-O !! :bio:

JR

Well I'm having a pair of things sugrically removed today...

No not those you perverts. A couple of wisdom teeth. I have two left. One was causing a little pain last month so I went to check it out. The dentist said let's remove that one before it fucks up your dental work. And as long as they are in there and I am going to be miserable and sore anyway, they are gonna remove the other one too.

He said it's best to remove them now, they won't heal as well after I'm in my 30s. Then it hit me that that's only 2 years away. That was worse than any tootache.

VT if you dont mind me asking why you only had two wisdom removed the first time? I am in the same boat. Two of my wisdom teeth got infected coming in and the Army dentist (ahh...the joys of being an Army brat) would only pull the two infected ones (with only local anestisia no less). Every civilian dentist Ive seen since then says its not a good idea because the other two wisdom teeth can cause pressure on the teeth and cause problems.

Fusion -

A few years back I had the ones on the left side (top and bottom) removed. They were most of the way in and causing me trouble. I was constantly biting my cheek and there was a gap behind one of them where food collected and led to infections. At the time, the other two hadn't developed much yet.

I started to have some pain on my lower right side of my mouth recently. Pretty minor and nonspecific. I figured it was the wisdom tooth. A visit to my dentist confirmed that. they sent me to an oral surgeon, who plucked 'em yesterday.

All in all, my mouth is kinda tender at this point and there is some swelling. But it really wasn't all that bad. I think most of the dental horror stories you hear are really embellished.

PS - I have the most wonderful wife. She drove me to the surgery and back, tucked me in afterwards. And then made a great dinner from scratch with all soft, comforting foods. Chicken noodle soup with noodles she made, fresh honey wheat bread, and warm apple/pear sauce. Then I zonked out again and she packed some leftovers for me to take for lunch today.

I need to veg for a little while more, but as soon as the percocet hangover wears off I'm off to work. I don't trust myself to drive right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK the percocet is wearing off so I am going to head into the office soon. Good thing I feel well enough to do so. Our landlord and a couple of his buddies are building a roof over our deck. This will be a great addition, but with all the hammering and sawing that close to my window, I wouldn't get any sleep.

... and she packed some leftovers for me to take for lunch today.
Shit .. I forgot the lunch my wife packed me for today! It was a grilled ribeye steak with rice pilaf. Damn, damn, damn, damn ...
1.gif

JR

Shit .. I forgot the lunch my wife packed me for today! It was a grilled ribeye steak with rice pilaf. Damn, damn, damn, damn ...
1.gif

JR
JR - if you were up here in Jersey, you join me and my electrical guy for our friday liquid lunch!

Change of plans - stuck home today. Allergic reaction to pain meds have me puking every half hour and totally dizzy. I got in the car to go to work, and after 2 minutes realized there's no way I should be driving a car at this point, and came back home.

Do sick kids count for an infirmary post? My son has the stomach flu, and it's been hell for the last 3 days now. Little vomit geysers every four hours or so. This afternoon's was so sudden I didn't get him out in time, and it got all over the couch.

His little cousin next door spent the whole day in the hospital yesterday on IV for dehydration. We brought the boy in today because he bacame kind of listless, but the Doc sent us home and said we were doing a good job keeping him hyrdated. I have no idea how, because he isn't keeing anyhting in him for longer than an hour.

Damn these things take forever to go away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back