--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you could get the old lady to ride the baloney pony for you while you're stuck in bed?

I am reading some books, catching up on Enterprise re-runs, and looking out at the mountains.
We've got stuff in common. I'm working my way through a novel, make sure to catch Enterprise re-runs on Sci-Fi on Monday, and live at the foot of a "mountain". Good to see another sci-fi junkie here.

I had a friend who screwed up his knee playing drums of all things. He was on one of those motion things and it looked crappy. Hang in there!

We've got stuff in common. I'm working my way through a novel, make sure to catch Enterprise re-runs on Sci-Fi on Monday, and live at the foot of a "mountain". Good to see another sci-fi junkie here.
We have sci-fi junkies here? Sign me up for the club, Im pretty geeky when it comes to sci-fi stuff.

My parents exposed me at an early age with reruns of classic Star Trek, after that resistance was futile.

I watched all the various Trek incarnations, Babylon 5, both Stargate series, saw all the new Star Wars movies at midnight, etc.

I am a total...

TRON_dork_550.jpg

I hate to say I abandoned Star Trek a while back. I loved DS9, but Voyager and Enterprise just didnt do it for me. I am however a 100% Star Wars fan. Babylon 5 and the new Battlestar Galactica also rank way up there on my list. Plus I still read comic books. Sigh, yeah Im a geek.

Back to the OT, Ive had a nagging cough for about 3 weeks now and I think Im going to use a doctors visit to cut out of work early today.

Hey Fusion, got any new 360 games? I preordered Halo 3 this weekend and they tell me it will be out b/t Sep. and Nov. I love exact answers.

I hate to say I abandoned Star Trek a while back. I loved DS9, but Voyager and Enterprise just didnt do it for me. I am however a 100% Star Wars fan. Babylon 5 and the new Battlestar Galactica also rank way up there on my list. Plus I still read comic books. Sigh, yeah Im a geek.
I never cared for Voyager either. It's just kinda meh.

I tried to get into new BSG but couldn't. I couldn't follow what was going on, and some of the camera work and incessant drums got to me.

Hey Fusion, got any new 360 games? I preordered Halo 3 this weekend and they tell me it will be out b/t Sep. and Nov. I love exact answers.
Ive bought a few but my internet connection has been so crappy lately I cant play online for 5 minutes without getting disconnected. Plus my wife has discovered Lumines (downloadable on the Arcade) and now plays it so much I cant ever peel the controller out of her hand. Last week she was ranked in the top 40 in the world. I preordered Halo too and Im bummed about the November release. Im thinking of picking up Guitar Hero when it comes out next week. Looks pretty dorky but fun.

Ive bought a few but my internet connection has been so crappy lately I cant play online for 5 minutes without getting disconnected. Plus my wife has discovered Lumines (downloadable on the Arcade) and now plays it so much I cant ever peel the controller out of her hand. Last week she was ranked in the top 40 in the world. I preordered Halo too and Im bummed about the November release. Im thinking of picking up Guitar Hero when it comes out next week. Looks pretty dorky but fun.

Guitar Hero is dorky, but it is one of the most fun games I've played. My buddy has it on PS2. I preordered mine and will pick it up Tues. they quit selling preorders b/c they ran out. At 100 bucks, i think it is a little steep for a video game. not to mention my wife wants to buya second guitar so we can play against each other (another 60 bucks).

And my wife is hooked on Texas Hold'em in the Arcade.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my surgery on Thursday, and finally managed to crawl to the kitchen PC for email. Yahoo! The surgery was less invasive than originally predicted, but it still hurts. Oxycondone is my friend.
Glad to hear you made it through okay cement !!! :)

Feel better soon and feel free to spam your friends at EB.com to death. Wait a minute ..
5.gif
.. were you were already doing that ???

:Locolaugh: :Locolaugh:

JR

My parents exposed me at an early age with reruns of classic Star Trek, after that resistance was futile.
I watched all the various Trek incarnations, Babylon 5, both Stargate series, saw all the new Star Wars movies at midnight, etc.

I am a total...

TRON_dork_550.jpg
Is that from TRON?

So am I still allowed to post in here if I feel like shit today but didn't call in sick? :wacko:

Bringing back the infirmary!

My wife is monsterously sick, and I have to take her to the doctor. At this point I would perform surgeory on her if it keeps me out of the damn office for a few hours.

I am going to be sick tomorrow. The only thing to remedy my situation would be a day of fishing and drinking.... which is where I'll be if I am needed.

I am also going to be sick Thursday afternoon.... have to go home, load up the car for an evening of tailgating as Rutgers kicks off the season against Buffalo.

-Ray

I am also going to be sick Thursday afternoon.... have to go home, load up the car for an evening of tailgating as Rutgers kicks off the season against Buffalo.
-Ray
Thats interesting because I feel the same symptoms coming on for Louisvilles home opener on thursday. Whatever it is its contagious!

STOMPED ON!

10PM Monday, waiting to pick up my wife and daughter at the airport, I grab a double cheesburger from :burgerking:

6 AM Tuesday not feeling so good, decide to call in sick

8 AM Tuesday commence 6 hours of puking, dry heaving, general wretching untill above refrenced re-appears.

2 PM Tuesday the runs start. note the overlap in the time table.

6 AM Wedensday the runs continue. call in sick again. told to stay away. I feel like Rocky Balboa has been working my midsection.

7 AM Thursday back to work :party-smiley-048: keep the path to the WC clear please.

This is the second time I have been poisoned by :burgerking: this has not happened to me anywhere else. I call the manager there and he says :dunno:

I won't be visiting that franchise again.

I have had the most painful sinus infection I have ever had. I'm not sure what the worst part is, though: that I was sick all through my week of "home vacation" (that really sucked), or that it took literally all day yesterday to get a !&@%# prescription for antibiotics. Our local hopsital is losing all of their doctors all of a sudden (they're leaving in kind of a mass protest), so it's just nuts over there. I went in at 9:00 a.m., waited an hour to get checked in, and then was told to go away and come pack at 2:00 p.m. So I do that, finally get to see the Dr. at around 3:00, and then wait around for another hour for him to finally fill out the @^%#$ prescription paper so I can go the pharmacy.

But at least I am feeling better now, after 14 days of crud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back