--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIP - VTEnviro

His Memory Eternal
Reaction score
Along the lines of the Drunk Tank and Hangover Clinic, I present the fine members of EB.com The Infirmary. The place to post when you're down for the count and call in sick to work.

There's been a nasty stomach bug going around here this winter, which almost everyone in the office has had at some point. This week it's my turn. :multiplespotting:

Besides the usual symptoms, I'm achey as hell, freezing cold, and it feels like someone rubbed my throat with sandpaper. :appl:

It's days like these that make you realize there is nothing on mid-day TV. :brickwall:

You are not the only one. I had the same thing the past two days. I feel your pain. It's going around here as well....my whole family has been bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
here's one advantage of being old. my kids have brought home nearly every flu variant short of ebola, so I now have immunity to the office bugs flying around. half my office is puking thier brains out, I had some indegestion and was done. Tums to the rescue!

I'm pleased to report I barfed twice more since starting this thread. And to add insult to injury, I hurt one of my stomach muscles while doing the deed this past time. :appl:

My kids are so nice to only get me sick on the weekends... So that I don't call in to work sick.

VT - hope you're feeling better man.

I haven't thrown up because of illness since I was in high school. I've had multiple viruses that my wife / kids had and they are all throwing up, but I don't get nautious anymore??? Dang.

Yup sucks. I had a terrible sinus infection last week, and still can't think straight. (doubt that's cause of the infection though)

Without_pics.gif

I dislocated my right shoulder a day after I took the PE exam... 2 morphine shots didn't really numb the pain in the ER... Per the ER doctor, I was supposed to miss 1 week of work but I decided to show up half a day everyday.

Hmm... Maybe God felt sorry for me, that's why I passed!

Thanks for the love guys.

I'm back on the job today. Not feeling great but almost human. The tummy is unsettled but hanging in there. The throat is still making me miserable though.

I could go for a quality nap this afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sick, but decided to call out today and do some studying... especially since each of the last two years we get so busy I end up losing unused time at the end of the year (this past year, they changed my two unused vacation days to bank time and let me carry them over).... Needless to say, I have banked an awful lot of time and am going to take a day off per week between now and the test (I get more studying done when the house is empty).

-Ray

I'm so spent today. And it's been snowing/sleeting all day so the roads are going to suck on the way home. Worse, my husbands work let him out at 1pm because of weather. Well, he better have the driveway shoveled...

I'm so spent today. And it's been snowing/sleeting all day so the roads are going to suck on the way home. Worse, my husbands work let him out at 1pm because of weather. Well, he better have the driveway shoveled...

:)

Good for you. It's your vacation time, don't feel guilty about using it.
No guilt at all... had a sensible McDonalds Breakfast while doing some Open Channel Flow problems... stopped at White Castle for lunch (and started drinking) over some spillway and hydraulic jump problems.

Weather has been weird today... we had a couple inches of rain this morning that caused some minor flooding here (had to go the long way to get my bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit).... but by the time I hit the White Castle it was sunny.

Enough for my break, back to the beer and the books.

-Ray

I cut out around 3 and hit a break in the weather. 91 was surprisingly good. Glad I left before the evening rush and the roads freezing up.

Bigray said: No guilt at all... had a sensible McDonalds Breakfast while doing some Open Channel Flow problems... stopped at White Castle for lunch (and started drinking) over some spillway and hydraulic jump problems.
Ah, brain food! :plusone:

Latest posts

Back