The Fat Season has arrived!!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely no Thanksgiving for me this year.

Instead I'll be at Disney-world. 

Hmm... maybe it's a push at best.

I  staged my shotguns in the garage so in the morning I can get up early to go to "work" I mean pheasant hunting, but then I am trying to figure out what is my story if I come home with a cooler of birds?

It's our first Thanksgiving with family in 3 years. I'm looking forward to the spread of home cooked Thanksgiving food, but I will miss heading to the beach for a potluck though.

So far, it's dinner for 14 at Tex house...House is on the market, so it's already spotless.  Makes it much less stressful...

Probably will go up to 18.

I also call this the drinking season...we go from party to party to party with some sort of nog at every one. Calories for everyone...

So far, it's dinner for 14 at Tex house...House is on the market, so it's already spotless.  Makes it much less stressful...

Probably will go up to 18.

I also call this the drinking season...we go from party to party to party with some sort of nog at every one. Calories for everyone...
In honor of Malcolm...

Any Thanksgiving recipes that are a must-have?  I'm stuck doing the cooking this year.  Going to do a brined spatchcock chicken (we're not big on turkey) but am at a loss for the rest.  Not a big yam/sweet potato fan, but just about anything else is fair game.

Mashed potatoes and gravy
Hash brown casserole (super easy- directions on the bag of hash browns usually)
Green bean casserole (also fairly easy)

We don't do sweet potatoes or yams either

I can send you grandmas cornbread dressing recipe if you need one?

Any Thanksgiving recipes that are a must-have?  I'm stuck doing the cooking this year.  Going to do a brined spatchcock chicken (we're not big on turkey) but am at a loss for the rest.  Not a big yam/sweet potato fan, but just about anything else is fair game.
We're hosting thanksgiving for the first time this year.  My wife says we have to do a whole traditional Southern thanksgiving like her granny does:

Turkey

Mashed potatoes

Gravy (made from the turkey drippings of course)

Sweet potato casserole

Cornbread dressing

Collards

Green bean casserole

Squash casserole

Cranberry sauce

plus my mom is bringing cole slaw, jello and homemade pies.

It's going to be waaaay too much food for 6 adults and 2 children.

My parents are visiting and I have invited the neighbors but i doubt they'll be by. 

We're having turkey, stuffing, mashed pots, and grilled veggies (green beans carrots and whatever else is in the fridge) 

what our thanksgiving is all about - leftovers.

horseshoes/ponyshoes: http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/world-famous-horseshoe-sandwich-23810

turkey noodle soup

turkey sammiches

Any really good green bean casserole recipes?  Every one I've ever had always seemed to runny.  I like to put bacon in mine.

My family's Thanksgiving is normally pretty simple. Turkey, mashed potatoes, peas, rolls, cranberry sauce, gravy, and pumpkin pie.

Not sure what to expect for my fiance's family's. He's basically just said there will be much more variety.

Hi uncle and aunt (who live where we do) always do a great rhubarb cranberry sauce and a wild rice, apple, and pecan stuffing that is awesome!

Any really good green bean casserole recipes?  Every one I've ever had always seemed to runny.  I like to put bacon in mine.
I usually do the one on the back of the french's fried onions container and it's never let me down. i think cooking the bacon pre mixture would help decrease the runniness. but the recipe you shared looks bomb dot com

I usually do the one on the back of the french's fried onions container and it's never let me down. i think cooking the bacon pre mixture would help decrease the runniness. but the recipe you shared looks bomb dot com
That's the one everyone has used, but I always find it too runny (without me adding bacon).  I cook the bacon very crisp before hand, and then do a quick chop in the food processor before mixing it in.  

Back