The Dandelion!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buff, does the weed be gone let the grass live?
Yup. If the clover or dandelion have choked out the grass a bit, then it will take a week or two for the grass to regain its stronghold after the clover and dandelions have been defeated.

Can anyone suggest a good weed killer to take care of clover that won't wipe out the rest of the yard? The shit fro the neighbor's yard has finally encroached on mine and is spreading like wildfire.
Clover is a good indication that your soil is compacted.

You need to rent an aerator.

I think Weed-B-Gone will kill clover.
And here I thought clover was a good indication that I just don't give a damn about my yard.

I'm surprised at the amount of us who are all trying (some more successfully than others) to eradicate the yellow SOB's.

Good stuff!

those yellow sobs turn into bigger white sobs that spew their evilness through the air which I then breath in and suffer majorly from...

Looking out my sons window across the street makes me think I'm, fighting a loosing battle. The neighbors rental house is a sea of yellow.

^there are a few neighbors down the street like that....thats why i know we will never be totally rid of them but the rest of the neighboorhood puts weed and feed down so we are down to just a patch here or there and not a lawn full.

I'm THAT guy. Yellow all over my lawn.

My neighbors all pay True Green to spray their lawns every few weeks. Mu ah ahha hahahaha!

In fact just yesterday jregieng was commenting on how my lawn is only half grass and half weeds.

we had a job site that ended up with some clover in the hydroseeder... clover is not an approved species, they ended up using round up on the entire site and starting over for their permanent stabilization efforts... they were not happy contractors.
Interestingly, clover is an approved species for creating a stable vegetative cover against erosion and fugitive dusting on a landfill cover. I use mixtures of clover and other grasses to rapidly establish an erosion-resistant surface since most slopes are at 4H:1V and have a tendency to wash soil pretty quickly or, in a dry spell, disperse by wind.

I'm THAT guy. Yellow all over my lawn.

My neighbors all pay True Green to spray their lawns every few weeks. Mu ah ahha hahahaha!

In fact just yesterday jregieng was commenting on how my lawn is only half grass and half weeds.
Actually, I would bump that proportion of weeds a little higher ... I was being charitable!

make sure it is the Southern Lawns variety, because the regular Ortho Weed and Feed will kill centipede.

Well, the reason I pointed it out was that a few years back, there was just Weed and Feed. When they bought out the Southern Turf version, they put a special logo on that one, but changed the makeup of the standard Weed and Seed, but left the label the same. So, I picked up what had worked for five or six years, without realizing they changed it (in my defense, the store I bought it from didn't stock the southern turf version until later that year, probably after a lot of complaints), and damaged a good part of the lawn.

Even now, the southern turf version is harder to obtain than you'd think, probably because centipede doesn't really like to be fertilized.

probably because centipede doesn't really like to be fertilized.
I remember the human cent-ipad prefers cuttlefish...

sp_1501_clip11.jpg

Back