The Automotive Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^That car is just wrong on so many levels. He's pretty damned optimistic with the price.

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/3604355374.html

3L33o73H65I35Ga5K6d282d316dd03fdd1f99.jpg

3Ga3Nb3Hc5Ie5G55Jbd28b4cbd29be527105f.jpg

^^I knew Karen back when she went by Kitty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you know what happens when you pull a fuel pump out of the tank that was just topped off? If you answered "a driveway soaked in gasoline" you are absolutely correct!

I easily dumped enough gas on the driveway to be able to smell it down the street. Windows are staying down tonight. Thinking about just going ahead and changing the fuel filter while I'm at it. If nothing else, it's another opportunity to curse.

That article only hit on one of the issues that have led to the affordability problem (namely that federal regulations have force automakers to include formerly optional equipment like airbags in all new models). The article seems to ignore inflation all together. They say that the average price of a new car is higher than ever, but don't seem to adjust that price for inflation. I'd say it is probably the same or lower than previous years when adjusted accordingly.

The biggest issue, however, is the fact that the "99%" are more interested in bitching that they don't make a lot of money compared to the previous generation than they are at actually putting in the work to earn more money (thereby being able to afford a new car).

You know a car is a gigantic POS when it was once common, but now you can't find an example of one within 500 miles of you.

The Dodge Conquest is such a car.

Cap'n (or anyone else): what do you know about the 2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring convertible? I'm looking at a dealer. Car fax shows it as two owner (1st being a rental), 51k miles, for $11.4

if it was a rental at any time, PASS!!! They are beat to $hit as no one cares as they don't have to pay for the repairs.

While it may be a fun car to own; I sure wouldn't want to be owning one that was previously a rental and driven into the ground.

I understand. OTOH I know people that have bought cars from the Entrprise rental pool and have had great luck/success with them. That not withstanding, any idea of the general track record of the car?

Cap'n (or anyone else): what do you know about the 2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring convertible? I'm looking at a dealer. Car fax shows it as two owner (1st being a rental), 51k miles, for $11.4
Knew a guy that had an older Sebring Convertible with terrible brakes, a gutless motor, and a "squishy" ride due to the body flex but this may have been because it was a repairable...

It was often mistaken as a camaro by women and therefore he liked it anyway.

This was a late 90's vintage so a lot could have improved since then with the newer models but a lot could have stayed the same. (If there is no body damage then the brakes are probably good on the one you are looking at...)

Back