Thanksgiving Vacation

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shot a deer this past weekend. Off this week. Dreading checking my work phone. Last I looked email was up to 115 unread. :(

When I last worked in government we only got off Thursday as well, in the private life we get Thursday and Friday off but we were not off on veterans day and a few others holidays that you probably get.

I am ready for march to get here so I can get an extra week of PTO - going to be wild ;)  

also we have zero family / friends / etc coming into town for the turkey day & also Christmas :D

zero, none, zilch, nadda, none, cya, don't call us well call you...

O1ca.gif

Using Friday as a floater and taking tomorrow off.  I am not driving to DC at rush hour the night before Thanksgiving.
Traffic around here sucks, hard! And while it gets better as you drive further north, it's still awful.

Timing is important. I could leave DC at 4:00 on Wednesday and arrive in Philly at 9:30, leave at 6:00 and arrive at 10:30, leave at 7:30ish and arrive around 11:00. I'm doing the latter.

Dreading checking my work phone. Last I looked email was up to 115 unread. :(
Amateur. ;) I used to have a job where that was my average daily incoming and they all needed fast disposition. I don't miss it.

My company has off Thursday/Friday (yay!) but this means we don't have off Christmas Eve (boo!).  NYC/LI-area is going to be a mess with commuting.  I'm going to hibernate in my apartment Wednesday night, bake some meringue, and worry about traffic the following day. 

Back