Texas results in!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to all the new Texas PEs - welcome!

Have any of you received your e-mail stating you're licensed to practice yet? If not, it will be coming shortly (this will contain your license #). You'll also get a hard copy via snail mail with a pocket card. Your license to frame will follow a few weeks later (if I remember correctly).

Couple of reminders once you get your e-mail/letter (which are basically detailed in your e-mail/letter):

1) Order your stamp ASAP. Once you receive your stamp, complete your Seal Imprint and Photograph Submittal Form and get it to the board for approval. You can e-mail or snail mail it. I e-mailed mine and received e-mail approval within a few days. Per 133.97, you have 60 days to complete.

2) Set up your account in ECHO.

3) Start thinking about continuing education classes. Although you can take an exemption for your first renewal if you take classes you can roll over some of the hours. I recommend signing up for TBPE's ethics webinar this year. It's only an hour long, you'll technically get credit (although you can't roll it over to next year) and you'll get an idea of what to expect (overall it's pretty simple and painless for an hour of your time/year).

4) Take multiple screen shots of NCEES and TBPE with your result. Also, continue to login to ensure it hasn't changed! ;)

5) Order new business cards and change your e-mail signature!!
Thanks for the info. working on it nowwwww

Not to be invasive, but how did you do compared to your level of study? I don't want exact numbers, just how you personally felt about it. I took Construction and I'm trying to hone my studying this next time around, but I was doing well on the practice exams and the problems I was working and then got completely bamboozled by the types of questions on the actual exam. And I did testmasters, so I don't know what additional study courses would do for me. I want to see if others worked a ton of practice exams and still failed or if I have some hope in using the next five months to see as many problems as I possibly can for when I go in next time.
Hi.  I am sorry you did not pass this time around.  It is definitely a bad feeling and I am quite disappointed in my performance, especially considering how much time and effort I put into preparing through EET's review.  I also bought four other review books containing practice tests for both breadth and depth.  My overall score was approximately 50/80, with poor showings in scheduling, material quality control, site development, and structural.  I was really surprised by my low showing in scheduling, as I enjoyed that part of the EET review and thought I had a better handle on it.  Many of the questions that appeared in the afternoon caught me off guard, and I was surprised by how many things were not present.   After getting over the initial disappointment, I plan to enroll in another review course (possibly ASCE's Civil/Construction).  Nothing against EET (I thought it was excellent and many people who have taken it have passed), but my strategy is to be exposed to new material through a different review course.  Part of my problem may have been test-day jitters, and also being out of school for so long.   I wish you the very best the next time around.   

Congrats to all the new Texas PEs - welcome!

4) Take multiple screen shots of NCEES and TBPE with your result. Also, continue to login to ensure it hasn't changed! ;)
:blink:  Hope my result doesn't change!!!

XGHJmSYd.jpg

grade.jpg

Chemical Exam was not too bad. Recommend testmaster's study material. Didn't need to bring Perry's. Morning session took 3 hrs, afternoon was out in 2 hrs.

Interesting.... Houston had two sites for April.

Was NRG packed?

How many were at The Woodlands?

Back