Tattoos

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't see it? Look at my quote.

oh I get it, you went back and edited your post, too late now, I quoted ya LOL

I don't think my company has a policy, well at least not that I am aware of.

I have some art on my left forearm (from the wrist to the inner elbow) and it is visible most of the time. I also have a tazmanian devil on my right calf that I got while wrestling in high school, and one more on my chest with my wife's name in it.

I was working on/looking at some new art that I wanted to get...something like

061403e.jpg

Gene Simmons of Kiss said the freakiest thing that ever happened to him was having, um... "relations" with a woman who had a tattoo of HIM centered around her nether regions. Kind of like giving himself ... ah, nevermind.

Jreg, get me a Gene Simmons smiley.

I don't think my company has a policy, well at least not that I am aware of.
I have some art on my left forearm (from the wrist to the inner elbow) and it is visible most of the time. I also have a tazmanian devil on my right calf that I got while wrestling in high school, and one more on my chest with my wife's name in it.

I was working on/looking at some new art that I wanted to get...something like

061403e.jpg
You didn't strike me as the tattoo-ing type :)

I love tattoo sleeves and am even toying with the idea of getting one from my shoulder/neck to my elbow (something with black flowers - maybe a little color - haven't really decided).

The above picture has some very nice work in it. If you wanted, you could even extend the design more down your back as well. It definitely has some flexibility in what you can do with it.

I got a dragon tat on my left chest years ago. When the kids started coming I decided to get rid of it (having one kinda says it's OK for them to get one). I've been through about 5 (or 6) laser sessions. ...Talk about pain. The laser is much worse than getting the tat .....and getting the tat was very painful (especially when the needle got close to my nipple or collar bone). ...the worse part is that the dang lasers don't yet remove greens and blues very well, so I have like half a tat left. At $250 each session, I can't go all the time. I should have just left the dang thing. Now the kids are old enough to know what it is. Doh!!

DM

^^^I guess I can appreciate that about the kids. My oldest daughter decided that she wanted to get one, so she comes to daddy and I take her to get her first one (I think she had just turned 17). After the wifey finds out, I get the "you are such an a$$hole" speech along with the two-day long silent treatment.

Anyway, my daughter likes he first tatoo so much, that she decides to go get another one to cover up the scar on her abdomen from hernia surgery...well dad likes 'em both, and would take/go with her again to get another.

P.S. - I kind of enjoyed the silent treatment!

I figured that both me and my hubby got ours at such an early age, that we really can't say anything about our kids having them. Plus, my parents were really laid back with what I did to my body (after they sat me down and had the tattoos are permanent speech) so they have never said anything about any of them. Both me and my sister have tattoos and she has several piercings on top of that.

If all I have to worry about is my kids getting tattoos (or changing their hair color regularly as I do too), then I will be one happy mom.

Ok, reviving an old thread here...

My wife just got another tatoo (her second) and has gotten me interested in getting another one for myself (I already have 3 - right chest, left back shoulder, right ankle). All three of my tat's are not visible unless I am not wearing a shirt or socks (which obvioulsy doesn't happen in an office environment).

THe current office policy states that "Visible tattoos and body piercings (nose, eye, tongue) are inappropriate" and can be grounds for termination. However, I would like one on my forearm. Nothing crazy, and definately nothing offensive. It would be a relatively "neat and clean" design that wouldn't make me look like some kinda gangster or convey any type of negativity. Do you guys think I should even attempt to discuss this with the office manager?

*quick background note on the office* I know a couple of my coworkers have tat's, but none of them are visible (regardless of typical office attire).

I still want to get one on either the calf or someplace, but I still cant figure out what the hell to put on it (which is maybe an indication that I dont need to rush out and get one)

The wife says she is going to get an iguana on her foot? I told her I will beleive it when I see it....

I know I've said it before, but I change my mind way too much to get something put on my body permanently. More power to the rest of you, though.

I keep mine hidden. I think it is frowned upon at my work even though its not in writing.

Latest posts

Back