Summer Vacation?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navyasw02

Reaction score
Anybody got any good plans for summer vacation?

Just finished up a trip to eastern Europe (Hungary, Austria, Czech Repub.) and had a blast. Highly recommend it for anybody looking to go someplace fun this summer.

europe is definitely on our list, but still have a few yrs so minisnick can go to. For now, other than our extended weekend to the bahamas we just got back from, we are hoping for a work paid extended weekend somewhere for mr snicks summer regional meeting...so far no more news on the that front...stupid coworkers who don't have passports are complicating the idea.

I'm taking a long weekend and meeting up with my wife after a conference she's going to in DC in July. We will be spending a couple of nights in Shenandoah National Park.

Not taking a 'summer' vacation per se, since I'm taking a grad class until late July, but we are going to Iceland for a week in September. I can't wait as I've been wanting to go there for years.

Here in the midwest, the typical vacation is a week with the family down to the Gulf or Yellowstone, etc.

What is there to do in Eastern Europe (PG of course)?

Wife and I just got back from a Caribbean cruise

So no summer trip for us...but we are trying to talk the inlaws in getting us a winter cruise for Christmas

No vacation. Going to save my vacation time so I can take as much time off around the closing on the new house for "going to a new house" stuff (painting, packing, yard-saleing, cleaning, moving, etc).

I'm taking a long weekend and meeting up with my wife after a conference she's going to in DC in July. We will be spending a couple of nights in Shenandoah National Park.
Not taking a 'summer' vacation per se, since I'm taking a grad class until late July, but we are going to Iceland for a week in September. I can't wait as I've been wanting to go there for years.
If you're going up in July, you might have time to book a white house tour through your congressman/senator if you're interested. It's enjoyable and free, if you can get in.

I'm more of a lakes and mountains let's got for a hike sort of guy, so our trip is already planned out for the Shenandoahs. But I've never done the White House, done lots of stuff in DC, but not that. I'll have to keep that in mind in the future.

I'm secretly hoping I'll get invited there one day for doing something noteworthy...but not holding my breath. Who's my local Congressman again...

I went to Italy for two weeks last month. It was a blast.

I will probably take time to see family down in Florida over the summer but mostly make a few "local" trips depending on how much time I can get away from the office.

JR

Going back to TX in early October for a wedding, but other than that, can't afford anything at the moment. If I can, I'd like to take half a week off on my alternating Friday off week and head to Disney and Universal.

My summer vacation will be the week or so I take off when mini-ble2 is born. We went to Mexico about a month ago, so at least we got to relax at the beach for a few days.

I get 3 days for the next 6 months which I will be saving for when the economy decides to take another nosedive and work becomes scarce.

Have not done anything for the past 3 years.

Need to watch an old sam kinnison routine to cheer me up.

I'll be saving up my vacation time for the slow times as well... I haven't done anything beyond a weekend camping trip for 4 years

Like the past years, I'll take my time off to do something with the house. My big project is painting and hanging fans. It's not re-doing a house or making a hometheater, but I'm not a craftsman and it'll keep me out of trouble.

Going to Cape Cod for a week, might as well enjoy the local scenery during the tourist season. Of course family accomodations, private beaches, etc. keep us out of the mainstream tourist fray.

Back