Student loans

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid my 15K off years ago, but I forgot to mention that my wife just finished her Masters degree and she is in for around $35K, but that is all on her.

Thats what I need to do, find a big purse wife to finish off my my college debt!

I financed half. back then it was 1.7% or something. i didnt mind at all. If i didnt , then exactly, i wouldnt be making the big money now. Now i woulda been in trouble if I didnt do anything with the degree but i was pretty sure id be in the Mech eng field somewhere.

Do wish did my MBA though. If/when i come to a point to run a company, I know they will want it. Ah well, cant spend my life in school. too much life out there.

Lol, I wasn't paying much in taxes back then.

Now that I think about it I guess that isn't bad--I was there 5 years total (BS & MS) so that averages to less than $3k per year in debt plus the $6k or so I earned per year.

Several colleges offer a 5-year program where you walk away with a Masters degree...
Not me. I got a BA in Engineering Sciences and Spanish Language after 4 years and a BE in Mechanical Engineering after 5 years. Well, technically 4.66 years since I finished a trimester early.
I can't say I regret it though since that is where I met my wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back