So like what do you think the cut score will be? Like seriously?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it justified or is it unnecessary bureaucracy?
Unnecessary having lived it day in and day out.  There are ample methods for vetting engineering design changes that don't need to involve the cost, schedule burden, and limitations of the licensing change process.  It's compounded by the fact that the regulatory bodies expect a much higher level of detail and commitment in the design certification and UFSAR's than the existing plants.

Nuclear power, as a base load, is always more economically advantageous. Palo Verde in AZ: 4GW electrical output. 94% capacity factor. 

Nope.  Especially when Part 52 licensing and first of a kind design changes f*ck you into the ground. 

See @Supe's post above. :thumbs:
Palo Verde was a legacy design, and built pretty recently, so I don't think the example applies here. Plus it's powering a huge chunk of SoCal 'cause those idiots don't know how to plan for generating electricity properly.

Palo Verde was a legacy design, and built pretty recently, so I don't think the example applies here. Plus it's powering a huge chunk of SoCal 'cause those idiots don't know how to plan for generating electricity properly.
"WE NEED 20% RENEWABLES BY 2020" - closes 2 huge nuke plants - proceeds to import coal and nuclear from AZ and NV. 

Don't get me started on what a waste of money and resources "Green Energy" is. It is the furthest thing from "Green".

They are always hiring engineers at the BOR "Technical Service Center" in Denver. Pretty much any engineering position there is covered by that pay table.
Pretty much only looking for jobs in Phoenix, AZ , Vancouver, WA , or somewhere in ID so my options are limited. 

Fun fact, the company I worked for previously (P&H/Konecranes) retrofitted the polar crane there at Palo Verde. Huge crane and huge project.

Back