So like what do you think the cut score will be? Like seriously?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You nuke guys, lol.

High pressure sodium lighting.
Wow, I totally whiffed on that. I thought you meant sodium reactors. One of my favorite Rickover quotes is about sodium reactors -  something like "if the world's oceans were made of sodium, some idiot would try to make me a water cooled reactor"

Also, anything in the visual spectrum isn't real radiation. Nor is anything under 10 keV worth my trouble. And I still don't understand how beta particles can travel through copper wire. Electrical engineering is magic. #sarcasm

Wow, I totally whiffed on that. I thought you meant sodium reactors. One of my favorite Rickover quotes is about sodium reactors -  something like "if the world's oceans were made of sodium, some idiot would try to make me a water cooled reactor"

Also, anything in the visual spectrum isn't real radiation. Nor is anything under 10 keV worth my trouble. And I still don't understand how beta particles can travel through copper wire. Electrical engineering is magic. #sarcasm
Lolol. 

We just need to take Rickover's body and wrap some copper wire and permanent magnets on him, then turn his grave into a perpetual motion machine. World energy crisis solved. 

I’m looking at a job in the Bureau of Rec at the TSC. The special rate table says this is only for positions directly involved in power - do you know if this will apply to all engineers at the Bureau or not? If so, this definitely changes things. That’s a huge difference at GS-12.
My understanding is that all TSC engineers within the covered job series are being covered by this pay scale.

This is the new table for Phoenix and Vancouver, WA:

https://apps.opm.gov/SpecialRates/2018/Table075405272018.aspx

A little lower, but not by much. GS-12 starting at $97,520
Yes. The new Special Salary Rates are a very welcome change! :)  Literally like a $20,000/yr raise about to happen.

So how come when I posted about them in the Govt employee forum it was radio silence in there? :mellow:  I thought maybe there were no other feds. This thread seems like there are.... :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. The new Special Salary Rates are a very welcome change! :)

So how come when I posted about them in the Govt employee forum it was radio silence in there? :mellow:  I thought maybe there were no other feds. This thread seems like there are.... :wacko:
Because I forgot that password for that forum so I never check it.

Yes. The new Special Salary Rates are a very welcome change! :)  Literally like a $20,000/yr raise about to happen.

Didn't know about that thread... only care about 2018 Spring PE results right now..

Back