So like what do you think the cut score will be? Like seriously?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bid day is approaching. are you nervous? I bet you get distracted by forum easily at work. 
I now check this site very frequently and yes you are correct...not nervous, just want to get this over with... how about you?

I now check this site very frequently and yes you are correct...not nervous, just want to get this over with... how about you?
haha, I know how you feel. I was nervous and anxious as the big day approaching last year November and December. But you may already know, the **** NCEES suprised us by releasing result 3-4 days earlier than normally. so I got the green box unexpectedly, I thought I was delusional and hitting F5 all day to make sure the green box of pass was still there. Good luck to you! and, go run and play piano! 

Due to the record setting simplicity of this test, anything less then 100% will result in a failing score. 
Everyone knows that the EE test is super simplistic and even a Civil Engineer can pass it without studying (just ask some of the folks that were previously banned). @knight1fox3 can assist with providing their contact information.

Other disciplines will have a more realistic cut score as their exams have more realistic questions.

Let the results tell the final story.

Now, where did I leave my bike.  Need to head off to the Big Top again... 

Everyone knows that the EE test is super simplistic and even a Civil Engineer can pass it without studying (just ask some of the folks that were previously banned). @knight1fox3 can assist with providing their contact information.

Other disciplines will have a more realistic cut score as their exams have more realistic questions.

Let the results tell the final story.

Now, where did I leave my bike.  Need to head off to the Big Top again... 
Hmmm...I do know a few engineers that took the civil exam after failing the EE a couple times. 

Everyone knows that the EE test is super simplistic ... 
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to the record setting simplicity of this test, anything less then 100% will result in a failing score. 

My contact said EE power was 57 this time.   Sorry guys.  
Guess it wasn't as simplistic as @Szar or @PeeWee posted about, even though the folks that have been here a while KNOW there are a few banned folks that have led others to believe it.  Lets see what the results show as we'll only be waiting another week or two for these type of threads to show up.

Remember, if you post your score into a cut score thread, be sure to post the discipline that you took.  We're all in this together and while there is a good ribbing that goes on every exam cycle, some of us might not want anyone to get bent out of shape because they saw a discipline less 100% cut score.  I'm betting that there were a few folks upset about the original post from Szar because the discipline wasn't mentioned. Laugh it off, enjoy the time you've had to relax and get ready to use that F5 key when the results start showing up.

Guess it wasn't as simplistic as @Szar or @PeeWee posted about, even though the folks that have been here a while KNOW there are a few banned folks that have led others to believe it.  Lets see what the results show as we'll only be waiting another week or two for these type of threads to show up.

Remember, if you post your score into a cut score thread, be sure to post the discipline that you took.  We're all in this together and while there is a good ribbing that goes on every exam cycle, some of us might not want anyone to get bent out of shape because they saw a discipline less 100% cut score.  I'm betting that there were a few folks upset about the original post from Szar because the discipline wasn't mentioned. Laugh it off, enjoy the time you've had to relax and get ready to use that F5 key when the results start showing up.
Ummm...

Really?  I'm one of the guys waiting to get my score back from this cycle.  Not even going to get into a debate about an obvious joke.  If you think its in an appropriate post... report it.

Let's hope as few people as possible get their scores back this go around. 

Except for Texas, where everyone gets their score back pass or fail.

My contact said EE power was 57 this time.   Sorry guys.  
When are the results coming? Today? or this week sometime? Tired of waiting. In this age of high speed internet and streaming TV - the waiting time feels like its taking too long for the results to be out. Nowadays everything has software for calculations, so I wonder maybe NCEES can speed things up by using software.

I'm not aware of anything inherently preventing a release after today.

There could very well be a reason - just that I'm not aware of it.

And it begins.....
Why does it have to begin?  This conversation occurs every exam cycle.  56 out of 80 is borderline.  No one knows the exact score to pass because some questions might have more than one right answer meaning that the question was pretty difficult or there was an error in the question so a big majority chose between two choices.  

I'm not aware of anything inherently preventing a release after today.

There could very well be a reason - just that I'm not aware of it.
Could it be too hard to figure a passing score if general exam performance was bad or just too good?

Why does it have to begin?  This conversation occurs every exam cycle.  56 out of 80 is borderline.  No one knows the exact score to pass because some questions might have more than one right answer meaning that the question was pretty difficult or there was an error in the question so a big majority chose between two choices.  
I would hope the questions pass the 6 minutes rule and difficulty standard before giving it out. Why set questions with more than one answers?

Back