So how do you feel?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Civil-Transportation Felt good about the morning section… met up with a few friends who’d taken a review course together during the afternoon break….compared a few of my morning guesses with theirs …most of my answers matched theirs… felt good about it…then realized that it didn’t really mean anything coz all of us could have guessed wrong on the answers.
Remember you signed an agreement saying you weren't going to talk about the exam. I'm sure ncees isn't so naive as to think people won't talk with their buddies, but I don't think I admit it in writing on a forum that they monitor......

I am pretty certain there is no breach of contract when you discuss the exam with others who have seen the same exam. I read that somewhere (maybe in the CERM?).
I think I'd believe the people in charge rather than someone who writes a review book.......

http://engineerboard...?showtopic=3039

Apparently, every agrees to not talk to anyone about the exam.
Thanks. Your link didn't disprove my contention that there is no breach of contract by discussing the exam with someone who saw the exact same exam.
Well, if you can discuss the exam with someone and not "reveal in whole or in part any exam questions, answers, problems or solutions to anyone during or after the exam whether orally, in writing, or any Internet chat rooms, or otherwise", then go for it (underline emphasis is mine). I'm not sure how you can talk to anyone about it without breaking this agreement.

But back to my original point. I'm sure they wouldn't be surprised if you and a couple buddies go get a beer afterwards and compare notes. But if you share on a message board that you and your buddies got a beer and talked about the exam, you shouldn't be surprised if they contact you.
Thanks. By discussing the exam with another examinee who saw the exact same questions as you, you are not revealing anything to anyone. No breaking of the agreement. Please see page xxxviii (upper left) of the 12th edition of the CERM. http://ppi2pass.com/...xam-cerm12.html (Google Preview).
Well, good luck with the "Michael Lindeburg told me I could" defense. And also the "Bill Clinton definition of is" defense as you get into a semantic argument with ncees over the definition of "reveal"........

I took the civil/structural. Thought the morning was quite easy but the afternoon was difficult. Not a lot of stuff I do day-to-day, or that was in the CERM or NCEES practice exams
As everyone said, it's all about knowing where to look in your references to find how to solve the problem. Gowsami's book helped me out on some PM structural problems. Never bought the CERM because I was afraid I'd take too long finding what I was looking for.

Civil-Transportation Felt good about the morning section… met up with a few friends who’d taken a review course together during the afternoon break….compared a few of my morning guesses with theirs …most of my answers matched theirs… felt good about it…then realized that it didn’t really mean anything coz all of us could have guessed wrong on the answers.
Remember you signed an agreement saying you weren't going to talk about the exam. I'm sure ncees isn't so naive as to think people won't talk with their buddies, but I don't think I admit it in writing on a forum that they monitor......

I am pretty certain there is no breach of contract when you discuss the exam with others who have seen the same exam. I read that somewhere (maybe in the CERM?).
I think I'd believe the people in charge rather than someone who writes a review book.......

Thanks. Your link didn't disprove my contention that there is no breach of contract by discussing the exam with someone who saw the exact same exam.
Well, if you can discuss the exam with someone and not "reveal in whole or in part any exam questions, answers, problems or solutions to anyone during or after the exam whether orally, in writing, or any Internet chat rooms, or otherwise", then go for it (underline emphasis is mine). I'm not sure how you can talk to anyone about it without breaking this agreement.

But back to my original point. I'm sure they wouldn't be surprised if you and a couple buddies go get a beer afterwards and compare notes. But if you share on a message board that you and your buddies got a beer and talked about the exam, you shouldn't be surprised if they contact you.
Thanks. By discussing the exam with another examinee who saw the exact same questions as you, you are not revealing anything to anyone. No breaking of the agreement. Please see page xxxviii (upper left) of the 12th edition of the CERM. http://ppi2pass.com/...xam-cerm12.html (Google Preview).
Well, good luck with the "Michael Lindeburg told me I could" defense. And also the "Bill Clinton definition of is" defense as you get into a semantic argument with ncees over the definition of "reveal"........

Thanks for the 'good luck' but there will be no need for any defense nor will there be any argument with NCEES. :)

Really? You interpreted what I said (limiting one's discussion of the exam solely to those who have also seen the exact same exam content) to mean posting exam content on a public internet forum for anyone to see? Interesting.
This will be the last post on this because as the OP indicated, it is now off topic. I didn't interpret anything. You didn't specify the context of how discussing the exam would take place. Your words:

I do not see you mentioning anything about where and how you would be discussing the exam, therefore it is a subjective comment. Case and point.

Surfer357:

I've read mixed reviews on the equation companion to the MERM. Did you mostly use that in place of searching for the equations in the MERM or did you still need to use both? Is the equation companion similar to the layout of the FE reference handbook? I'm considering using that rather than creating my own equation book. I haven't tabbed my MERM yet but equations have been easier to locate in the FE reference manual so far. I'll be taking the MD depth in April.
I used both about equally and was glad I spent the money to have both. I had MERM tabbed extensively with individual topics as well as all the appendices. I also had the equation book tabbed with the chapter headings. I liked it because it has many of the key equations and tables for a given chapter laid out on a page or two so you could look over a whole chapter in a few seconds rather than looking for a specific tab in a chapter in MERM.

A couple of items to note about the equation book. 1) It isn't comprehensive and you really have to know what is and isn't in there so that you don't waste time trying to find something that you'll ultimately only find in MERM anyway; 2) you'll only find equations and tables of equations in the equation book. It doesn't define variables, title equations, etc. so you either have to know exactly what you're looking at and/or make notes in the equation book to remind you what certain variables are, what a certain equation is used for, etc. A lot of it is obvous based on section titles and such but I still made quite a few notes and used a lot of post-its to make sure I wouldn't forget things I'd learned while under test pressure.

I honestly haven't looked at the FE equation book since I took the test in 2006 so I don't really recall what it's layout was like. One advantage the Lindberg equation book will give you is that it's chapters exactly mirror the MERM so you gain a lot of efficiencies in getting to know both sources as you study. If you are studying MERM and using the FE book you may not get that synergy. Whatever you ultimately decide just make sure you study with the sources you plan to take and you should be fine. The key is to know your sources inside and out.

I took the civil/structural. Thought the morning was quite easy but the afternoon was difficult. Not a lot of stuff I do day-to-day, or that was in the CERM or NCEES practice exams
As everyone said, it's all about knowing where to look in your references to find how to solve the problem. Gowsami's book helped me out on some PM structural problems. Never bought the CERM because I was afraid I'd take too long finding what I was looking for.
I am aware of that. A lot of the problems were not as easy as 'what's this coefficient?'

I thought it was hard because I didn't have a lot of practice using most of the references I needed. Wish I knew about Gowsami prior to the test!

Really? You interpreted what I said (limiting one's discussion of the exam solely to those who have also seen the exact same exam content) to mean posting exam content on a public internet forum for anyone to see? Interesting.
This will be the last post on this because as the OP indicated, it is now off topic. I didn't interpret anything. You didn't specify the context of how discussing the exam would take place. Your words:

I do not see you mentioning anything about where and how you would be discussing the exam, therefore it is a subjective comment. Case and point.
I'm not sure what you mean by "I didn't specify the context". I didn't need to, to make my point. My point was and still is: There is no breach of the contract you signed if you discuss the exam only with another examinee who saw the exact same exam. Period. I think that is pretty clear. I'm not sure why you brought up forum posting. Posting exam specifics on a public forum where anyone can view it is obviously outside the range of 'discussing the exam only with another examinee who saw the exact same exam'. Hopefully that clears up any misunderstandings. Thanks.

History lesson: Clinton won..

jmsansone, I took civil-structural also. I agree with you completely. Alot of "surprises" in depth section .

How do I feel?

I`m still having nightmares!!!! Today, I dreamt that I was going into the exam and I forgot my CERM at home. I pray that translates to I`ll never need the CERM for an exam like the PE ever again.

If only I can get over this exam!!!!!! :angry:

biofem2011, forgetting my CERM & AISC manual was my worst nightmare before the exam, I must have checked my suitcase a few times on the day of the test to make sure I have it with me. Now that the test is gone, I dream that I mis-bubbled the answer sheets...

I can NOT wait to get the results too! hopefully last time we see the exam!

I agree with elliebee2001, I don't want to jinx myself either but I felt it went better this time. I had taken a course by the author of the the All In One PE Exam Guide. I also tried to put all my confidence in this book to move me through to answers faster. I did have the CERM for back up (I know it pretty well but there is a lot in it that I spend too much time in it). One thing that is really different this time. I do not recall any questions that Haunted me after the exam. Usually, the haunting questions are the ones that I keep doubting my answers on. Good luck to everyone.

A little congested. not sure if it's winter cold coming on, but overall I'm feeling ok. thanks for asking.

:dunno: :( As the time goes by and some states already have the results, I am freaking out. After I left exam room, I felt confident, had only 8 blanks for the entire exam and may be few was marked “not sure”. Now, when is getting closer to know my verdict, I fill worse than ever. I don’t believe that it is possible for me to pass this damn test. I had spare time on both sessions, but did not recheck my answers, cause felt they all done fine, now everything is getting backwards…… Oh, I need it to be over with. The worth part is the feeling, that somebody is keeping my verdict on his/her desk, and follows the stupid state rule do not release info till somebody decided to ok it.

Well, 3 more weeks for me. I am from TN, by the way.

Good luck to everyone.

Wait, you left 8 questions BLANK? Or do you mean you had 8 questions you didn't know, so you had to do a shot in the dark guess?

8 blank on a 80 question exam = approximately a 2 question difference, possibly 4 if you are lucky.

But 2-4 questions can very easily be the difference between passing and failing.

Passed. Well i guess that answers my question from post #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, some states have already released results???? I just got on here to say I'm going crazy knowing that CA won't release results for another 3 weeks. I thought I was only going to have to endure 2 weeks of knowing other people already had their results. WHY Californing WHY do you do this to us?

Wait, some states have already released results???? I just got on here to say I'm going crazy knowing that CA won't release results for another 3 weeks. I thought I was only going to have to endure 2 weeks of knowing other people already had their results. WHY Californing WHY do you do this to us?
If you look around before posting, you'd see that CA released surveying results today and are planning on releasing fe and pe + str results on Monday.

Latest posts

Back