Shaving pounds

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped drinking beer except for Wednesdays at the Saucer, started eating fish a lot more, way more salads and veggies and no more pasta.

Haven't lost a pound. One more week and I'm going back. This food tastes like crap.

I stopped drinking beer except for Wednesdays at the Saucer, started eating fish a lot more, way more salads and veggies and no more pasta.
Haven't lost a pound. One more week and I'm going back. This food tastes like crap.
Hang in there Squishles. It takes a while before the losing starts. Do not quit.

On another note: How is the job quest going?

Hang in there Squishles. It takes a while before the losing starts. Do not quit.
On another note: How is the job quest going?
I've been trying for months now- this is just not working.

I've been in the new job for 3 months now- they sent me to Ft Riley this last week and off to Nellis next week. The frequent flyer miles are racking up!

Just do not quit. Maybe add some light work out to the mix and you will see resutls. Come on... :bio:

I've been in the new job for 3 months now- they sent me to Ft Riley this last week and off to Nellis next week. The frequent flyer miles are racking up!
I am glad to know. I've been out of touch lately and did not know this.

:multiplespotting: This morning the scale showed I've lost 19 pounds. :multiplespotting: :party-smiley-048:
Awesome DK !!!!! :multiplespotting:

In a bragging note I am able to run 5.25 miles each other day...it takes me almost an hour but I am doing it. I am way on schedule to my goal of shaving 25 pounds by December.
It doesn't matter the time my friend - you are out there doing it! That is what counts ..

I lost 23 lbs over the last 11 weeks, and 35 since Jan 1.
Awesome SuperA !!! :multiplespotting:

It is hard NOT to get discourage squishles. While we are use weight lost over a period of time as a performance metric, have you considered using other metrics as well, like saving $$ per month on eating out, reduction in size clothing, improvement in exercise routine, etc. ??

Measuring performance by weight loss alone is just brutal, IMHO. As one who has struggled with weight issues for the better part of my life it has only been recently that I realize that I need to look at the BIGGER picture - everything that goes into losing weight, including measured improvements in my health.

Good luck ... and don't give up! :)

Wow .. didn't realize you were travelling so much! I hope the new job is working out well for you!

JR

I'm giving up beer (again) in quest of weight loss. Last time I quit, the weight peeled of pretty quick.

We'll see.

Okay .. maybe I need to re-phrase,

I gave up on drinking alcohol excessively on the weekends and entirely for the short term to get a kick-start on my weight loss again.

The lecture came from the young lady I have been dating. She was more pissed that I have been going out with friends and co-workers and not spending time with her than the drinking. It is easier to cut back/cut out the drinking rather than not hanging out with your friends/co-workers. :)

JR

23 down as this morning. Have 2 more to go to reach the goal and then will start with weights(arrrrggggghhhhh...I hate weights)

I had to slow down a little bit because was feeling really weak and without any energy. But, in summary, I feel good and motivated. When your own 14 years old daughter looks at you and said..."Wow Dad. You look great"( my abs are coming back....do not have the six pack yet but have four cans right now :th_rockon: ) I think that is the best compliment.

^^ :appl: :appl: :p10940623:

Nice! Get some of the perfect pushups. It would be a nice addition to your routine. IMO

I've got a six pack in there, unfortunately somebody put a pack of hamburger rolls and a roll of pizza dough on the shelf in front of it.

I've been running 3-5 miles/day at least every other day on the treadmill, last week excluded because I had the rest of a sinus infection lingering in my lungs (my knees are so bad, this is a seriously daunting task for me).

Had a very weird situation last night, one of the worst athsma attacks I've ever had. Felt almost like an allergic reaction to something moreso than athsma. My lungs had the feeling you get when you get too close to a fire or some burning paper and take a deep breath, just this horrid smokey burning sensation, and my throat swelled up so much I could barely down a sip of water. I'm hoping that doesn't come back any time soon, but I'll definitely have the inhaler with me tonight just in case.

While I try to keep dieting and exercising, I can't help but feel its all for nothing. I lost a significant amount of weight about 18 months ago, and at one point was down to roughly 11% body fat, at which point I was told that I couldn't safely go past 9-10% by my doctor and the gym trainer. It was the least I had weighed in years, but that subcutaneous fat and extra skin sagging around my chest and midsection made me look worse than ever (you can see where my ribs are, then it starts to taper in, and then boom everything below is a big molten blob). It seems as though no matter how much weight I lose, I never look/feel any better because of it. I'm at the point where I've been seriously contemplating at least a partial tummy tuck for several months now.

^^ :appl: :appl: :p10940623:
Nice! Get some of the perfect pushups. It would be a nice addition to your routine. IMO
Already started. The thing is that I have no strenght at all. It is hard for me to finish 10 pushups but I am working on it. :p10940623: :bio:

Back