Shaving pounds

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 26 and my wife is constantly pulling them out. Perhaps that will ultimately lead to me being bald as well
you never heard the phrase that "you pull one out, and 10 more come to its funeral"? - seriously dude, gray hairs started appearing on my head when i was 19 - 20. Course that was back in the 80's, and i had the "power mullett" going - for some reason, me & all my siblings have the premature gray thing going on. . .but fortunately, no male pattern baldness [and no mulletts anymore either!] GAG, a silver mullett :wacko:

VTEnviro - if you have a higher metabolism now, it will certainly wane into your 30's & beyond. . .but you're not gonna turn into John Daley overnite. You're already active; eat healthy & practice portion control, you have nothing to worry about. I'm 6', had a high metabolism (prob still do at my age), and have never weighed more than 195 even in my most inactive time with garbage eating habits. Now, I'm a regular worker-outter, eat good, cut down on inappropriate portions, and i hover around 180-185. . .yet i'm wearing the same pants size as i had in my 20's, so I feel pretty good about that.

Keeping gray hair away is NOT a problem. It just takes about 30 minutes once a month. :D

Keeping gray hair away is NOT a problem. It just takes about 30 minutes once a month. :D
:Locolaugh: :Locolaugh:

I REFUSE to dye my hair ...

Instead, I keep it high-and-tight. Does a pretty good job of limiting my exposure of grey hairs to a few strands rather than patches. :)

JR

Hey, if high and tight was an option for women, I would choose that option, too. There is a different expectation for females.

Now, I'm a regular worker-outter, eat good, cut down on inappropriate portions, and i hover around 180-185. . .yet i'm wearing the same pants size as i had in my 20's, so I feel pretty good about that.
I'm 5'9" and about 170, and 28 years old. My pants are smaller than what I wore in high school. I probably maxed out at about 185 when I was 14 or so. I wear the same sizes as I did in college.

I'm back in a good exercise groove too so I am looking better than when I first moved here.

I don't like going to the barber so I cut my hair to my high school dress code legth and then let it go to my shoulders before I get it cut. Basically, I lose five pounds every time I go to the barber.

I'm getting grey in my eyebrows more than my hair.

the grey hair is coarser, like brillo. it sticks out under my hard hat for a nice bozo look.

makes me go to the barber more frequently than I might otherwise.

I wear the same sizes as I did in college.
:bawling:

I don't expect to ever wear the same size as I did in college. But, I'm 50. And, there is a whole new level of physical changes later in life. Metabolism, gray hair, less energy, .... I was prepared for that. But, it's very strange to look at your skin and see that it looks "old". Less elasticity. And saying, "Huh", a few times too many and wondering if you will need to consider a hearing aid. And night vision -- I'm blind at night. Nothing works quite the same.

So, WHAT! :) I keep going! I'm overweight, but not obese. I'm older, but wiser. :true: I'm happy with my life. :bio: I'd like to lose 20 lbs. :smileyballs:

But, I try to stay young at heart. :party-smiley-048:

But, it's very strange to look at your skin and see that it looks "old". Less elasticity.
My Mom turned 60 this year and my Dad will next year. Everyone's different I guess. I'm still waiting for them to suddenly get that 'old' look to them. They aren't that gray or old looking at this point. They'd be smart to drop a few pounds though.

My Mom turned 60 this year and my Dad will next year. Everyone's different I guess. I'm still waiting for them to suddenly get that 'old' look to them. They aren't that gray or old looking at this point. They'd be smart to drop a few pounds though.
My mom (58) has dyed her hair for as long as I can remember, so I have no clue when she started going gray or what her natural hair color was, but in recent months she has been being longer between appointments and it is silver. My dad (56) has been gray since I was like 8. People always thought he was my grandfather.

My younger sister however is only 26 and has the random gray strands, knock on wood, I haven't seen any on my head.

I'm blonde... so grays don't show as much on me. Hubby is 32 and has been gradually getting more and more gray for the last 8-10 years. But, his little bro is 25 and is going gray and bald...

As for size, two pregnancies have done things to my lower body so that it can never be the same as it was before... and, breastfeeding has done things to my upper body... well, lets just say that when they're full, they don't look real! And guys, don't even bother with the :GotPics: cuz it just isn't gonna happen!

^No need for the :GotPics: from me. I have a breastfeeding wife at home, who was well endowed up top to begin with, and when they are full it is ridiculous. However, I have become painfully aware that they are off-limits...just tools for feeding mini-Buff. :smileyballs:

Last edited by a moderator:
I always said I would never dye my hair. But that was before I had any grays!! Now they're popping up all over the place and I think it definitely makes me look older and tired. I'm really considering it now, but once you start you just can't go back.

^No need for the :GotPics: from me. I have a breastfeeding wife at home, who was well endowed up top to begin with, and when they are full it is ridiculous. However, I have become painfully aware that they are off-limits...just tools for feeding mini-Buff. :smileyballs:
yah, been there, fun times. . .

My dad turned 80 last november. I don't think of him as that old, and cripes, the man plays tennis still, and while we were talking about our old volleyball playing days, particularly a 2-on-2 tourney he hosted every summer, he says matter-of-factly, "yeah, i don't think i could do the beach volleyball tourney very good anymore" - i sure hope he spills the secret on the fountain of youth to me some day (unless its in the genes :thankyou: )

I always said I would never dye my hair. ... once you start you just can't go back.
It's a personal decision. I don't mind saying that I spend $8 and 45 minutes each month to keep brown hair. I just do it. You're right that once you start dying, it's obvious if you let it go too long or decide to stop. But, back when I was around 30 and a few grays were popping out, I was more concerned that if I didn't start covering them soon, it would be obvious if I started. So, fraz, you're going to make a decision soon to do something or do nothing. :winko: Here's to youth - real or perceived.

I used the "just for men" deal a couple times when i went thru my divorce - worked ok, though pretty much everyone who already knew me then knew i was def. coloring out the gray. Then once i left it on too long , and my hair came out kinda purple-ish(!) Yeah, and after much fun was had at my expense, i never used the crap again. I grew up w/ my pops being pretty much bald . ..guess my kids will have the silver-haired pops (unless i voluntarily choose to go bald. . . )

Yeah... I was never what you'd call "small" up there... now they're just huge. And yeah, hubby is allowed to look, not touch.

Back