Shaving pounds

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm down 80 lbs...15 lbs past my original goal. I'm thinking I might go for an even 100 now. I still have a little bit of belly fat (actually, it might just be loose skin like Supe describes) that I want to get rid of before I cut back. I have ridden either my exercise bike or mountain bike every day for the last 260 days...and I'm averaging a little over 20 miles a day.

I'm down 80 lbs...15 lbs past my original goal. I'm thinking I might go for an even 100 now. I still have a little bit of belly fat (actually, it might just be loose skin like Supe describes) that I want to get rid of before I cut back. I have ridden either my exercise bike or mountain bike every day for the last 260 days...and I'm averaging a little over 20 miles a day.
:appl: :appl: :appl:

That is outstanding. Keep up the great work and congratulations on exceeding your original goal!!!!

:multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

:respect: :respect: :thumbs: :th_rockon:

What? I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome wilheldp_PE is!

Jebus...I didn't think it was that big of a deal. It's like I told my mom, if you can't find a half hour a day to work out, you aren't trying hard enough.

Jebus...I didn't think it was that big of a deal. It's like I told my mom, if you can't find a half hour a day to work out, you aren't trying hard enough.
20+ miles in a half an hour, that's an average 40mph on that exercise/mountian bike. Go man go!!!!! Just crackin' 'em on ya.

I didn't think it was that big of a deal.
stop with the false modesty already. that is truly awesome and you should be commended for for it. Excellent job. :thumbs: :thumbs:

20+ miles in a half an hour, that's an average 40mph on that exercise/mountian bike. Go man go!!!!! Just crackin' 'em on ya.
Uh oh, someone better warn Lance Armstrong. Him coming out of retirement is a moot point if wilheldp_PE decides to ride in the tour this year. ;)

It's a little over half an hour on the bike (34 minutes), but yes, I am cranking on it. Plus, that average number is skewed because when I ride the mountain bike, it is for longer trips and longer distances (3.5 hours and 46 miles is my longest).

I'm rejoining this thread. I'm down 12 pounds from my heaviest. I just started running and holy hell have shoes gotten expensive. They're made primarily from petroleum products and they're going up ~$5-10 a season OUCH. Oh well. Turns out that fat people run slower. Much slower. Oh well. Soon I will be less fat and faster. I have a goal of -16 lbs by my birthday (Nov 15th) but if that slips to Thanksgiving I am okay with that bc that's kind of an aggressive goal. But with all my running it's not crazy. If that goal works out I should be down a size by then and I can stop buying new stuff cuz my old size will fit again. YAY!!!

That's completely awesome !! :appl: :bowdown: :bowdown:

stop with the false modesty already. that is truly awesome and you should be commended for for it. Excellent job. :thumbs: :thumbs:
+1 ... that is VERY commendable! :)

I'm rejoining this thread. I'm down 12 pounds from my heaviest. I just started running and holy hell have shoes gotten expensive. They're made primarily from petroleum products and they're going up ~$5-10 a season OUCH. Oh well. Turns out that fat people run slower. Much slower. Oh well. Soon I will be less fat and faster. I have a goal of -16 lbs by my birthday (Nov 15th) but if that slips to Thanksgiving I am okay with that bc that's kind of an aggressive goal. But with all my running it's not crazy. If that goal works out I should be down a size by then and I can stop buying new stuff cuz my old size will fit again. YAY!!!
Good luck squishles ... I will be down in the trenches with you firing trebuchets (as it were) at all of the holiday goodies rapidly approaching!

For myself, I am at 52-lbs lost since March 17th ... I have slowed down so I need to kick the exercise into a higher gear! :D My goal is to lose another ~ 40-lbs. :woot:

JR

Height: 5'11"Weight: ~195

Goal Weight: 180
I stepped on the scale this morning and was admittedly a little shocked to see what it read.

My first thought was to dig up this thread. I wanted to know how long it had been since I first posted. Almost two years.

Yikes. Where did the time go?

I stepped on the scale this morning and was admittedly a little shocked to see what it read.

My first thought was to dig up this thread. I wanted to know how long it had been since I first posted. Almost two years.

Yikes. Where did the time go?
:appl:

Impressive!

I'm down from 185-190 to 175, as a result of going on a low-fat diet to try to curb my LDL cholesterol numbers. I was hoping to hit 165, too (we're the same height), but I've been cheating a bit on my diet since going on cholesterol medication.

I'm down from 315 to 225 (90 lbs) in the last year and a half, or so. I have worked out for the last 504 straight days.

Back