Rumors

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I saw it on the NCEES website before it was redone a few years ago. April is definitely easier. Besides, I passed the April exam, so my anecdotal evidence is proof enough.

so if everyone that took and passed a harder test during an oct setting that means they are smarter than you by that logic?! ;-P

The difference between being smart and wise. You may be smarter than me for passing the harder October exam, but I am wiser for taking the exam I had the better chance of passing. :p

The April exam is structured to be more difficult. Most first timers take the October Exam just based on how traditional schooling works out. We set the exam up this way so that the examinees that fail the October exam have a higher probability of also failing the April examination. We like to separate the weak from the strong.

Last edited by a moderator:
The April exam is structured to be more difficult. Most first timers take the October Exam just based on how traditional schooling works out. We set the exam up this way so that the examinees that fail the October exam have a higher probability of failing the April examination. We like to separate the weak from the strong.
fixt

This thread is taking an interesting turn.

:popcorn:

matt- I have been perusing through some of your posts and see that you are scheduled to take the Civil PE Exam soon. Kindly send me your full name so I can check your records and see which exam would be best suited to your ability?

seriously? I though the state boards handled applications etc.

EB NCEES REP has been placed on moderator preview until I can figure out which legitimate member to ban for creating a fake NCEES REP account.
e31.jpg

matt- I just want to help you using nationwide statistical data based on your FE exam results. It looks like you did fairly well on the FE. I think you will be safe for an April Examination.

NCEES, will you be joining us for dinner tonight?

Easy Ram, you don't want your results nullified.

Back