Results Over/Under

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Instead of the fit bit I just used a standard chest strap heart rate monitor.  I hooked it up to a small battery and wired it to my nipples. When my heart rate went above 170 BPM it sent a small shock through the wires.  It worked out great for me. Let me know if anybody wants to borrow it for the October exam.  I'll be sure to clean off the conductors really well. 
Clear

Can it be used anytime aside from exam day??? :huh:

What is the big deal with the **** fitbits???  How do you cheat with one of those???
I believe the problem lies with the fitbit's ability to communicate/transmit data. There is an article back from 2005 from NCEES about exam cheating and what they are worried about. If I can find it I'll post it. In the article it mentions that they were able to convert a HP 28s to be able to communicate with another HP 28s. How  you could rig a fitbit to do that I don't know. 

I believe the problem lies with the fitbit's ability to communicate/transmit data. There is an article back from 2005 from NCEES about exam cheating and what they are worried about. If I can find it I'll post it. In the article it mentions that they were able to convert a HP 28s to be able to communicate with another HP 28s. How  you could rig a fitbit to do that I don't know. 
I think the issue also lies with the proctors.  You can't expect them to know every form of technology and reliably say whether something is capable of cheating.  Its easier to just X isn't allowed, period. someone bound and determined to cheat will find a way unfortunately.

https://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/le_2003_10.pdf

Page 6-7

You will be happy to know that I have figured out a way to lower the setting on the heart rate monitor to just under 80 BPM. Just an FYI, cats have a fairly rapid heartbeat. I little bit of research would have saved me some time and a fresh razor. Strangely, my dog will not leave my side, and unfortunately I am still looking for my cat. But seriously, the longer I wear this damned thing the harder it is to take off.....my Precious. I don't think I can sell it, nasty little thieves, ....I must get rid of it!...No! Don't steal my Precious...

^^ Have you noticed yourself starting to look younger/ageless as well?  No reason, just curious. :dunno:

Do we know for a fact that NCEES is even paying any mind to the fitbit-gate? Maybe they are going about their normal routine as if nothing happened and those who got kicked out can contribute more to the NCEES fund in the form of exam fees and more reference materials sold?

Do we know for a fact that NCEES is even paying any mind to the fitbit-gate? Maybe they are going about their normal routine as if nothing happened and those who got kicked out can contribute more to the NCEES fund in the form of exam fees and more reference materials sold?
I mean... it sucks that they got booted, but NCEES was clear about what was and what was not allowed at the testing site.  They were well within their right to excuse people from the exam for having unauthorized electronics.  Weather they could or couldn't be used to cheat is besides the point.

I mean... it sucks that they got booted, but NCEES was clear about what was and what was not allowed at the testing site.  They were well within their right to excuse people from the exam for having unauthorized electronics.  Weather they could or couldn't be used to cheat is besides the point.
Ehhhh, I think that's debatable. It's certainly wasn't communicated clearly and consistently. I think most people simply thought they had a watch on.

You shut you mouth when you're talking to me. Results will be released on May 21st. 

On a serious note, do they release all disciplines at one time?

I heard there would be no results until the Spamfest thread reached 15k posts:

Back