Results are out!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to you as well, I'm waiting for Texas to post their results. Nailbiting indeed.

Lundloc - when you log into NCEES, what did you do next to see the letter?
Once they post your results, they send you an email that your account is activated with results. When you log in to NCEES, you have a "results" link that you click on. It says, "To have your results emailed to you, click here". This is probably limited by each state. BUT, this worked for Montana and for me. I know your stress, but I wanted to "break the ice" and throw it out there since I was able to access mine.

Once they post your results, they send you an email that your account is activated with results. When you log in to NCEES, you have a "results" link that you click on. It says, "To have your results emailed to you, click here". This is probably limited by each state. BUT, this worked for Montana and for me. I know your stress, but I wanted to "break the ice" and throw it out there since I was able to access mine.
Thanks for breaking the ice.... You were the first that I noticed post a result. The only results post have been pass. I hope the fails don't go out tomorrow since I've got no results link in my NCEES account.

It's been a relatively easy wait until just the past weekend. Getting close to June (the historical results month) got me thinking about it.

Anyway, good luck to those of us waiting and congrats again to you.

Thanks for breaking the ice.... You were the first that I noticed post a result. The only results post have been pass. I hope the fails don't go out tomorrow since I've got no results link in my NCEES account.

It's been a relatively easy wait until just the past weekend. Getting close to June (the historical results month) got me thinking about it.

If you are stressed now, then wait until you hit "send results" and wait for 20 minutes. Then you have to open it. My heart was racing. Note to others, I failed the first pass and I think the PDF file was labeled "Fail letter" and this time it said, "pass_fail_letter". Different this year? Heck, I don't know. I am still on cloud nine, but I understand everyones trial and every detail is desired. I hope the best for you because I wouldn't want to prepare again!

If you are stressed now, then wait until you hit "send results" and wait for 20 minutes. Then you have to open it. My heart was racing. Note to others, I failed the first pass and I think the PDF file was labeled "Fail letter" and this time it said, "pass_fail_letter". Different this year? Heck, I don't know. I am still on cloud nine, but I understand everyones trial and every detail is desired. I hope the best for you because I wouldn't want to prepare again!
Congrats, I too received the "fail" letter last year. I hope I get a "pass" letter like you did.

Congrats!!!

I still have to wait for the result letter because I don't even have the NCEES account.

How to register in NCEES for log in?

I'm pretty sure your state had to be one going through NCEES to have a login and if you had one you would have registered to take the test on there. I'm guessing as IL is not setup like this yet but they are changing to it for the Oct. 2010 exam.

I hope the fails don't go out tomorrow since I've got no results link in my NCEES account.
Oh God, that would be terrible. I'm in the same boat. IA did the test through NCEES this year (I think for the first time?) and I did register for the test through NCEES, but there is still no link at my account there for results. It would seem like all the states doing the test through NCEES should get their results at the same time; I don't know why it would be otherwise. But I really hope it's not a case of pass letters being distributed prior to failure letters. That would just suck.

I hope the fails don't go out tomorrow since I've got no results link in my NCEES account.
Oh God, that would be terrible. I'm in the same boat. IA did the test through NCEES this year (I think for the first time?) and I did register for the test through NCEES, but there is still no link at my account there for results. It would seem like all the states doing the test through NCEES should get their results at the same time; I don't know why it would be otherwise. But I really hope it's not a case of pass letters being distributed prior to failure letters. That would just suck.
I can't believe that it would be that way.

Do you know if anybody from IA got their results yet?

Because IIRC, NCEES always released results in a state-by-state order. So even if they are coming earlier and faster this year, that doesn't mean they completely changed their policy about releasing them state by state.

Last edited by a moderator:

Because IIRC, NCEES always released results in a state-by-state order. So even if they are coming earlier and faster this year, that doesn't mean they completely changed their policy about releasing them state by state.
They're definitely not releasing results by state in alphabetical order. And it's weird because on the NCEES interwebz site they claim that they will email results on behalf of boards such as VT, MI, CO, etc., but some of these states have results where others do not. So it appears to have nothing to do with the states. NCEES is pulling the strings and for now we wait..

When I log in, I just see the "registration status" page. Where would the results link be?

They're definitely not releasing results by state in alphabetical order. And it's weird because on the NCEES interwebz site they claim that they will email results on behalf of boards such as VT, MI, CO, etc., but some of these states have results where others do not. So it appears to have nothing to do with the states. NCEES is pulling the strings and for now we wait..
They're definitely not releasing results by state in alphabetical order. And it's weird because on the NCEES interwebz site they claim that they will email results on behalf of boards such as VT, MI, CO, etc., but some of these states have results where others do not. So it appears to have nothing to do with the states. NCEES is pulling the strings and for now we wait.
Huh? Is there something in my post about alphabetical order? I said by state, not necessarily by alphabetical order.

In the past, NCEES always prcoessed the reults by state. When they finished results from a state, or group of states they would mail it. I don't see how the second part of your post has anything to do with this. The fact that some states have results and others don't supports my observation that it might be done by state.

They're definitely not releasing results by state in alphabetical order. And it's weird because on the NCEES interwebz site they claim that they will email results on behalf of boards such as VT, MI, CO, etc., but some of these states have results where others do not. So it appears to have nothing to do with the states. NCEES is pulling the strings and for now we wait.
Huh? Is there something in my post about alphabetical order? I said by state, not necessarily by alphabetical order.

In the past, NCEES always prcoessed the reults by state. When they finished results from a state, or group of states they would mail it. I don't see how the second part of your post has anything to do with this. The fact that some states have results and others don't supports my observation that it might be done by state.
Oh I see. They post in order of the state which joined the union first then??

Oh I see. They post in order of the state which joined the union first then??
Uh, the same way they have for years. Every single year when they release the results state by state. Call them up to find out how they do it. Generally it's better not to read things into posts where they don't exist, like the word "alphabetical" for example.

I'm teasin'.. Just trying to occupy the time and look for a pattern to follow as we await results..
Yeah, me too. Aren't we hilarious? There are people who actually believe they release passing scores first, then fails. They worry about it. So I was trying to calm them down. They might not get the joke.

We've seen both passing and failing results from only the same handful of states.

It's just a matter of time till they get to the state for which you or I are waiting. Good luck to everyone. I'm wondering of more states will be released as the day goes on, or if it'll be a new batch of states every morning? Will wait and watch for now.

Back