PE exam without the 4 years of experience

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I was wrong. That god awful font is "Choco cooky" and it's a billion times worse than comic sans. 
Better???

ba36237d679d0f8354b309a05d7b33f6.jpg

good point. Some places require "4 years exp AND pass the PE test". Other place require "4 years exp THEN pass the PE test". It's a stupid technicality but could lock you out of some states.
If that is the case, I would suggest you to get PE first from the first one, and transfer the one stating "4 years exp then pass the test"

I still don't understand how you can have a nationally administered test with 50+ variations on how it is implemented. Rather annoying in my opinion.
There is a single nationally administered test because it saves each State money by not requiring them to create and administer their own exam.  Additionally it makes it easier, or should, for those of us seeking commity between States.

PE since 1983.  Early in my career I heard that Michigan's license requirements at one time were as simple as driving to the State Capital, signing a Log Book, and paying the licensing fee.  No exam required at all.  This was from an engineer who was at or beyond the standard retirement age when I was obtaining my license, so his experience may have been from the 1935-1940 time period.

On Thursday, August 27, 2015 2:43:58, Ken PE 3.0 said: I still don't understand how you can have a nationally administered test with 50+ variations on how it is implemented. Rather annoying in my opinion.
There is a single nationally administered test because it saves each State money by not requiring them to create and administer their own exam.  Additionally it makes it easier, or should, for those of us seeking commity between States.
PE since 1983.  Early in my career I heard that Michigan's license requirements at one time were as simple as driving to the State Capital, signing a Log Book, and paying the licensing fee.  No exam required at all.  This was from an engineer who was at or beyond the standard retirement age when I was obtaining my license, so his experience may have been from the 1935-1940 time period.
Not so sure about the easier part of your statement. Some states might be, but others might not.

Back