PE exam without the 4 years of experience

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calling them is always the safest bet.

From Florida, this one might actually stick...

[SIZE=10pt](b) The applicant holds a valid license to practice engineering issued by another state or territory of the United States, provided that the criteria for issuing the license was substantially the same as the licensure criteria which existed in Florida at the time the license was issued.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Post 1500![/SIZE]
Florida is on the list of states I'd like to get so I guess I'll be calling or emailing then. I'll let ya know what they say.
Just called, the lady said it was not an issue. Didn't get it in writing but good enough that I'm not going to worry about it.

In Louisiana most forms of mapping are considered engineering as well as surveying. Only mapping that requires a surveyor as opposed to an engineer is boundary surveys. I am a GIS Professional and PE in Louisiana and Florida. GIS experience can count as engineering experience. However, if you want to get licensed in other states that don't consider mapping as engineering, you'll have to show other engineering experience as well. I had to re-write my experience when I established my NCEES record for that exact reason.

On 8/26/2015, 11:11:36, glockjacket said:   Like what states?!
Ken PE mentioned in another thread that Ohio may be a state that does not let you get comity unless you took the exam after reaching 4 years.
a60c79ff01f4178806b9cb6ac4cd8820.jpg

Good to know. I had always heard there were some states which scared me away from taking the PE early. On the bright side for everyone who would be affected by this, I'm pretty sure nothing has been built in Ohio in a while.

Good to know. I had always heard there were some states which scared me away from taking the PE early. On the bright side for everyone who would be affected by this, I'm pretty sure nothing has been built in Ohio in a while.

I went through the list, looks like the only other states that might have some restrictions is Minnesota & South Dakota, but they both answered no with a qualifying statement. Rhode Island and Northern Marina Islands didn't answer that question. Seeing how short that list is, I kinda wish I would've taken it in California way back when.

Ohio is no where near as bad as what people think. We have our problems, but having lived and visited a lot of areas in this country, it's no different than any other areas.

Besides, Cedar Point is only 30 minutes from my house. Best park in the country!

Ohio is no where near as bad as what people think. We have our problems, but having lived and visited a lot of areas in this country, it's no different than any other areas.

Besides, Cedar Point is only 30 minutes from my house. Best park in the country!
I live in Kansas, have to take the shot while I can.

1 minute ago, Ken PE 3.0 said: Ohio is no where near as bad as what people think. We have our problems, but having lived and visited a lot of areas in this country, it's no different than any other areas. Besides, Cedar Point is only 30 minutes from my house. Best park in the country!
I live in Kansas, have to take the shot while I can.
When I was in the navy I had some kid making fun of Ohio, I asked where he was from and he said Idaho.

My response was "when did they open the gate to let you idiots out?"

Actually, I was wrong. That god awful font is "Choco cooky" and it's a billion times worse than comic sans. 

Actually, I was wrong. That god awful font is "Choco cooky" and it's a billion times worse than comic sans. 
When you start paying my phone bill, you can choose my font. [emoji6]

Back