PCS states - CT, MD, MA, NJ, PA, PR, VA, WI - any results yet?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surfer,

According to your theory, this would mean that whole states are chosen to be entered and are placed in some sort of queue,, and that pa is always last to be chosen.

I don't understand what "role" PCS serves in delivering results. It appears that they simply take the results from NCEES, manually enter them in to their private database, then tell NCEES to go ahead and release the results. Keep in mind, they've already done the administration of the exam, and the verification of eligibility prior to taking the exam. What exactly do they have to verify at this point? Why can't NCEES release the results, and PCS update their database afterwards? Am I missing something?
One does not simply try to understand PCS...One just accepts that the system is mysterious, and that one must go home and bang head against a wall every day they do not have results from PCS...

Should be today right? Has to be today...

I thought this yesterday... and now today

Called PCS and asked When Maryland's results will be released, she said: We don't know yet. We are working on it.

I think we will have another painful weekend.

Ugh, this waiting just sucks. I wouldn't mind waiting if we had a definite date of release. This not knowing just plain sucks.

I called yesterday Maryland's Board, they told me maybe for Monday.

I checked this morning - nothing.

I also don't expect that to be the first place for something to show up. PCS should be where we find out first... similar to NJ.

I guess giving them space works although I doubt the people we talk to have anything to do with when our results go out.

Who is going to call PCS :bag:
I'm going with the option to give them time and space and hopefully something will be out today. Did you check the MA board page for license lookup since the maintenance?

I checked this morning - nothing.

I also don't expect that to be the first place for something to show up. PCS should be where we find out first... similar to NJ.

I guess giving them space works although I doubt the people we talk to have anything to do with when our results go out.

Who is going to call PCS :bag:
I'm going with the option to give them time and space and hopefully something will be out today. Did you check the MA board page for license lookup since the maintenance?
hah, yeah the space thing is more mental for me than anything else. And after thinking over (again) the hierarchy of where results should first show up, I agree with you on seeing them on the PCS portal before the board page.

"

[SIZE=medium]NCEES owns the exam so they have a first hand on all the scores. PCS is a 3rd party contacted by some Board, therefore when NCEES has released their scores to candidates, PCS is just receiving scores and that's when we start to load scores in to each candidates file. This is called our reconciliation process. If NCEES would give PCS the scores before releasing them to candidates then we would be able to release them at the same time as NCEES. Unfortunately that is not the case and PCS is always a week or two behind. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]It has always worked this way, and again PCS makes you aware of this before the exam so there are no questions left unanswered. "[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]direct reply from PCS asking why their states take longer[/SIZE]

Something about that doesn't make sense. You have ncees who has the results as she says. But there's a different group at ncees that works for the states, right? They are a 3rd party group just like pcs and work directly for some of the boards just like pcs. Now, I'm guessing they're in the same building, but wouldn't think they'd have any advance notice. the news release says ncees releases the results to the state boards. I would assume that they also either notify the 3rd party groups or the state boards have to notify whatever 3rd party group they use. NCEES doesn't release the results to the examinees, their third party administration group does.

I guess what I'm saying is that pcs probably gets notified the same time as the other 3rd party groups do. This just sounds like sour grapes. Don't Illinois and NY use different 3rd party groups (not pcs or ncees)? They've already got their results........

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, under any other circumstances, this would all be fine. PCS told us to wait 10-12 weeks, and it's pretty clear that they're going to over deliver on that promise. I'm sure they'll all be released by next week. The 10-12 weeks is based on an additional 2 weeks after NCEES (which says 8-10 weeks). NCEES released on 12/4. So, I'm pretty certain they reasonably should wrap up by Wednesday next week (12/18) to demonstrate they are minimally competent, and can process results within two weeks.

If anyone's still waiting after 12/18, I think there's some legitimate beef to be had.

Part of me wishes the results were distributed like when I took my FE.. didn't know when results were coming, didn't check online, got a letter one day and was stoked.

Now I am just anxious to know and about as unproductive as you can be right now.

Knowing too much and trying to analyze every damn trend from past exams to know when I am going to get my results is no fun...

Ditto on the unproductive part. I have done so little at work the last two weeks it's crazy.

Back