PCS states - CT, MD, MA, NJ, PA, PR, VA, WI - any results yet?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked NCEES about Virginia (again):

I was told: "PCS still has not given the okay to NCEES to release the results into the accounts.

That's probably true. PCS loads them into each person's profile, and then sends them back I believe. At that point, an email is sent to the individual and both NCEES & PCS profiles are updated.

So, next week.... Don't know why I put any value into any of the information I have heard from them.

Starting to think NJ will be the only state releasing results today. Maybe Friday the 13th will be lucky for all of us.

I don't understand what "role" PCS serves in delivering results. It appears that they simply take the results from NCEES, manually enter them in to their private database, then tell NCEES to go ahead and release the results. Keep in mind, they've already done the administration of the exam, and the verification of eligibility prior to taking the exam. What exactly do they have to verify at this point? Why can't NCEES release the results, and PCS update their database afterwards? Am I missing something?

I am fairly certain that it has something to do with contractual rights. The states who contract the PCS "probably" do so because they less expensive than the NCEES is updating the states databases. Again, just an assumption, but these types of situations usually boil down to some kind of monetary issue.

They have been doing system maintenance at night all week.

Its almost 4pm on Nashville, so maybe have another hour til they close today assuming they work 9-5

Back