Oregon PE Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... just horrible. To think, there are Engineers currently serving in Iraq and Afghanistan who don't have the luxury of even sitting for the exam, much less complain about ulcer-causing waits. We should all keep things in perspective. I didn't say it was easy, I just said there are worse things in the world.
You're right IlPadrino, there are worse things in this world to be concerned about and its good to be reminded of this to keep things in perspective.

But its also not fair for those of us who already have our PEs to tell those who are still waiting for their results that a few weeks/months doesn't matter, especially in this economy. Having that PE license can be the difference in qualifying for and/or retaining employment. Others maybe need the extra money from a bonus or raise, or need to make critical decisions with regards to time committments, whether for school, family, work, whatever. The only thing THEY could have done differently is go to another state (like Washington). Now when you factor in the fact that OSBEELS rules won't allow someone to retake the exam for an entire year, yes this can make a huge difference in THEIR lives. Its definitely not life or death here, but saying "it doesn't matter" isn't right either.

At least the Oregonians posting in this forum aren't nearly as bad as some of those people from EES states - calling and harrasing the staff about results several times a day. I just think people here want a place to vent their frustrations with other people who are waiting. I have no problem with allowing people to vent their frustrations here with OSBEELS. If anything, it helps others understand some of the potential issues with taking the test in Oregon and hearing others experiences with OSBEELS.

Thats just my :2cents:

Now when you factor in the fact that OSBEELS rules won't allow someone to retake the exam for an entire year, yes this can make a huge difference in THEIR lives. Its definitely not life or death here, but saying "it doesn't matter" isn't right either.
I didn't know this and agree it certainly changes the perspective. But with a deadline of 1 June, the issue of a few weeks delay is a moot point because no one is getting results by 1 June. This is something I think the board needs to address, unless it's a conscious decision to limit exams to one per year.

And, yes... I'm all for providing a place for people to vent (it's cathartic for those that need to let loose).

Well, it looks like it was a good thing for me that they haven't sent results yet because they had my old address on file.

I didn't know this and agree it certainly changes the perspective. But with a deadline of 1 June, the issue of a few weeks delay is a moot point because no one is getting results by 1 June. This is something I think the board needs to address, unless it's a conscious decision to limit exams to one per year.
And, yes... I'm all for providing a place for people to vent (it's cathartic for those that need to let loose).
I think the way the used to handle it was just fine. There was an extension period for people recieving results that they had failed. It didn't seem too hard, but I don't know why the eliminated the extension period

I don't think so. I'm hoping the latest will be next friday (7/24) which would be 91 days... Man that is kinda depressing 93 days between taking a test and finding out if you passed or failed.

It is definitely depressing... I used to have this happy/anxious feeling every time I checked the mail before I talked to OSBEELS.... now all hope is gone and I find no joy in checking my mail.

Yeah... just horrible. To think, there are Engineers currently serving in Iraq and Afghanistan who don't have the luxury of even sitting for the exam, much less complain about ulcer-causing waits. We should all keep things in perspective. I didn't say it was easy, I just said there are worse things in the world. Your license isn't a "right" and if you don't like it, accept it or move on (to another state). So that's what you did, and I commend you for doing something about your heartache.
Wow linking me venting frustrations with a State board to serving in a combat zone.

What next? "If your not with us your against us?"

Do I need to wear a OSBEELS pin on my lapel?

Wow linking me venting frustrations with a State board to serving in a combat zone.

+1... When I read that, I was like really? I mean really.

I was aiming for a Hitler reference, but I just couldn't come up with anything good. The point wasn't about serving in the military - it was an attempt to point out that your ulcer seems overplayed (at least to me) considering there's lots worse out there.

Please explain the "with or against" thing... I don't get it.

Hey guys, I just got this email today from someone at OSBEELS.

I've changed your address in our database. Thank you for keeping the

Board updated. The results of the April 2009 FE examination have been

recently sent. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hey guys, I just got this email today from someone at OSBEELS.
I've changed your address in our database. Thank you for keeping the

Board updated. The results of the April 2009 FE examination have been

recently sent. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Do the FE and PE results get sent out together typically?

Appreciate it if people have letters in hand, pass or fail, please let us know with a quick thread. I'm on the East Side so snail mail, takes a little longer. thanks all

Appreciate it if people have letters in hand, pass or fail, please let us know with a quick thread. I'm on the East Side so snail mail, takes a little longer. thanks all
Of course... I will post as soon as I get mine. I live like half an hour from the OSBEELS office so I assume I will get them pretty quick after they are sent.

Of course... I will post as soon as I get mine. I live like half an hour from the OSBEELS office so I assume I will get them pretty quick after they are sent.
nojo, any word? My gut is telling me we're going to get it today or tomorrow. Tomorrow is my birthday, I could have one heck of a b-day present or the worst. later...

Latest posts

Back