Oregon PE Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my mailman was late today so I didn't get to check my mail at lunch.

Well everyone, I'm totally confused? I just called osbeels, the lady informed me that they have only received the PLS reslults from NCEES, and once osbeels receives the PE results, they will send out letters. She said 3-4 weeks?? I don't get it. Just last week they said they had the results and were processing the letters this week. Anyone else want to call and check it out? 3-4 more weeks is absolutely ridiculous. I'm thinking she's totally off base on this one. c'mon 3-4 weeks! the torture continues.............

Well everyone, I'm totally confused? I just called osbeels, the lady informed me that they have only received the PLS reslults from NCEES, and once osbeels receives the PE results, they will send out letters. She said 3-4 weeks?? I don't get it. Just last week they said they had the results and were processing the letters this week. Anyone else want to call and check it out? 3-4 more weeks is absolutely ridiculous. I'm thinking she's totally off base on this one. c'mon 3-4 weeks! the torture continues.............
This must be wrong. On the NCEES website it said they had mailed the results two weeks ago.

just called NCEES, they informed me they sent the PE exam results to OSBEELS 2-3 weeks ago, and it's in OSBEELS hands to get the results to examinees. I know, I know, patience, I'm trying here, but some type of consistency would be nice from OSBEELS.

I give up! the lady at osbeels said they just received the results today and should be getting results out in 2-3 weeks. Of course, ncees says they got them to osbeels 2-3 weeks ago. conspiracy?? osbeels was pretty firm, 2-3 weeks from now. whatever.....

WOW, ridiculous! Vern, you called two separate times today and they gave you two different answers? One time saying they didn't have them yet and it would take 3-4 weeks and the other time saying they got them today and it would take 2-3 weeks??? Odd considering, the email response I got from them back on July 2nd said they had the FE results. So, you would assume they also had the PE results.

Two different answers on the same day, brutal. I don't think they know what they have, either way, we're waiting. I'm a little pessimistic that we'll receive results by end of this week. Mid to late july is what I'm hearing.

I wonder what the delay could be if there is one. The time when they ran out of cards it still took less time than if we end up waiting another two or three weeks.

This is getting on my nerves. Last year, people in oregon got results on 6/14 and in '07 they got results on 6/27...

This is getting on my nerves. Last year, people in oregon got results on 6/14 and in '07 they got results on 6/27...
The results that got delayed because of running out of cards, the results were in the mailed out within 11 weeks of the test and were in the final peoples' hands within 12 weeks. This Friday marks the 11th week for us.

Just for anybody else's information...

One of my friends called OSBEELS to get more info. Apparently they have all of the results, and they are already entered into the computer BUT they said they are typing the notice letters up and it takes a while so she said people will receive the letters in the mail in the next 3-4 weeks!!! She looked up my friends name (who took the Envr PE) and said they have her results, but couldn't release them over the phone. I wonder why they can't update the online database if they have them in the computer? I wonder why they can't do mail merge to automatically create the letters? Wow, I sure feel for you guys! This is rough! I guess the moral of the story is take the exam in Washington if you can . . .

One of my friends called OSBEELS to get more info. Apparently they have all of the results, and they are already entered into the computer BUT they said they are typing the notice letters up and it takes a while so she said people will receive the letters in the mail in the next 3-4 weeks!!! She looked up my friends name (who took the Envr PE) and said they have her results, but couldn't release them over the phone. I wonder why they can't update the online database if they have them in the computer? I wonder why they can't do mail merge to automatically create the letters? Wow, I sure feel for you guys! This is rough! I guess the moral of the story is take the exam in Washington if you can . . .
I wonder if they could release them in person.

well I just called for myself and they told me 3-4 weeks as well... I did a little looking and it seems like there are only 4 other ELSES states that are waiting for results

Them telling us this week and then changing it to 3-4 weeks is outright wrong. If you don't know... don't say anything. I mean WTF are the doing over there? They've outsourced pretty much every aspect to NCEES. Maybe it's time to get people working over there that can actually work.

Looks like only 8 states remain:

California

Iowa

Maryland

New Mexico

North Dakota

Oregon

rhode island

South Dakota

I wonder if they are having problems with their mail merge system - If I were used to having a system that automatically entered everything into the letters, I would expect it to take 1 or 2 days to process all of the results. If that system suddenly stopped working (after thinking it would work and thus telling everyone that results would be mailed this week), I suppose I could see how it would now take longer to manually type everyone's information into the letters. But then again, they still haven't managed to update their application with the correct address and fee, so who knows what's going on there.

I know it doesn't help you get your results faster. They usually describe delays like this in the meeting minutes for the Exam committee, so it will be interesting to see what actually caused the delay.

Just talked to a Jennifer (didn't realize there were three of them) at OSBEELS and asked why we are getting conflicting information and she said she didn't know why someone would have told us this week. She confirmed that they got them around the 1st of July but stated "it takes time to enter the info and type the letters". She told me that they don't plan on updating the website prior to the letters going out but it doesn't hurt to watch. She also told me without even me asking, that I passed the Ethics Section.

This test seems to be more focused on patience than knowledge, and patience is not something I am known for.

Back