Old Video Games

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arcade centipede with the roller ball control

one of my favorite hamburger joints in town still has a game...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen several of my favorite (and most worn out) games in my list below, but they bear repeating.

Super Mario Brothers 1, 2, and 3

Battletoads (What a bitch to win, though, towards the end! I never won it unless I didn't lose a life until after the rapids stage.)

Street Fighter (Arcade)

Metroid

Super Metroid

Heavy Barrel

Final Fantasy VIII

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Gameboy)

Mega Man 2

My wife made it through all 200 screens of Galaga on our Atari 7800 one night. Mad props to her.

I used to be more of a PC gamer.... so definitely a fan of the Sim City games... from the original to Sim City 4... after that, I lost interest... Played SimTower a bit... SimPlanet was interesting.... Basically any Chris Sawyer game (Transport Tycoon 1 & 2 Deluxe... Locomotion... Roller Coaster Tycoon 1-3...)... Lots of Warcraft/Starcraft (not the online crap, the build a city, defend yourself, go kill everyone kind)... oh yeah, and Diablo 1 & 2... hope the 3rd is just as good/better....

On the console side... I've been playing Fable recently... Fable III was free with my xbox live sub, so I played it all the way, then found Fable II at GameStop for cheap... besides that, all of the Prince of Persia games (except maybe the oddball one with the Califonia Surfer dude prince)... Most of the Zelda games, Mario Bros, etc...

^^ It's time to either kick ass or chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum.

Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards
I remember being in 4th or 5th grade when my dad borrowed that from a co-worker. I would answer the questions at the beginning to get in and play.

I played a lot of King's Quest. Remember the load times if you walked to a new screen?

Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards
There were several series from (Sierra?) like that.

Space Quest, Police Quest, King's Quest, etc.
List of Sierra's games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sierr...ent_video_games
I actually just heard recently that the "Nancy Drew" series of kid's games has that style of gameplay. Apparently it's generally considered "too kiddie" these days (though how, not sure... 7th guest or whatever it was called seemed rather adult).

Latest posts

Back