Old Video Games

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spare time in college was all about Half-Life Team Fortress Classic, Keylight, Dollar menu, and chew. Sometimes I miss those days.

Matt Sanchez said in an interview that he'd wanted more than once to fight his coach, Rex Ryan.
Then the radio host Jim Rome recommended Sanchez practice for Ryan by doing a few rounds with King Hippo ... had not heard that name in awhile.
I caught that bit too. It was great.

Gaming systems I've owned:

Tandy-64 (don't really remember any games for this one)

NES

SNES

Various Computers

Playstation 1

PS2

PS3 (current)

Wii (current)

Droid phone (current)

Games from my past (no particular order):

All the NES, SNES Super Mario Brothers.

Super Mario Kart

Duck Hunt (I hated that dog)

Excite-Bike

Cobra Triangle

Skate or Die

Mega-Man (I think 3 was my favorite)

Battle Toads

Bad Dudes

Bubble Bobble

Ivan "Ironman" Stewart Off-Road Racing

Sim-City (mastered the first two, never really got into the third)

Roller-coaster Tycoon

Oregon Trail

Need for Speed (basically all of them)

Command & Conquer

C&C Red Alert

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six

Tom Clancy's Rogue Spear

Warcraft (not the new online WoW)

Starcraft

Street Fighter (at one point I could beat the game with any character without using a "special" move)

Mortal Kombat

Jurrasic Park

Devil May Cry

Tony Hawk

Grand Theft Auto (all of them, including the original 2-D computer share-ware version)

Final Fantasy VII

Current Games:

Red Dead Redemption (100% completion)

GTA IV (100% Completion)

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (100% Completion)

Super Street Fighter (got bored with and now just sits on the shelf)

Final Fantasy XIII (100% completion)

a few miscellaneous cell-phone games (Angry Birds, Bejeweled, Connect four, Maj Jong, Sodoku, etc)

I spend most of my time playing the online mini-games for Red Dead and NFS. I might go out and get the new Mortal Kombat now that I know I can download Freddy Kruegar as one of the fighters.

Each of my kids own their own Nintendo Ds' now too with a few games (Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Transformers). Once in a while they bug me to beat a level for them.

Edit: As you can probably tell, I like to play video games...

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember playing several games on the Atari back in the day including Frogger, Dig Dug, Donky Kong, and Pitfall. On the NES it was all about SMB 1-3, Tecmo Bowl, and RBI Baseball and on the Genesis I was into Sonic, Mortal Kombat, WWF Royal Rumble, and NBA Jam. The last game I was really into was probably Resident Evil on the Playstation. Haven't played much since then.

I forgot about Techmo Bowl (even Techmo Super Bowl) and Resident Evil. Those were fun ones.

Road Rash was another one. I could remember playing it quite a bit with my brother back in high school, just couldn't remember the name.

I loved Contra, and for some reason still remember the cheat code for it.

My wife and I have a theory that the most recognizable song for our generation (we were both born in 80) might be the mario theme song.

I loved Contra, and for some reason still remember the cheat code for it.
My wife and I have a theory that the most recognizable song for our generation (we were both born in 80) might be the mario theme song.
Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start? It's been a while.

I remember playing SimCity, then SimTower and then finally The Sims. Maxis/EAGames probably had as much to do with my choice of engineering as anything else.

I though it was:

Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select start? It's been a while.
Both are right. You add the select in there if you are playing 2 players.

Meanwhile, a lot of times I can't remember my work phone number.
Actually, both are wrong. The actual code was Up Up down down left right left right B A. The select was to choose 2 players instead of 1, while the start was to start the game (regardless of single or multi player). But the code itself was the rest of it.

(Why yes, I am feeling overly pedantic today. Why do you ask?)

Back