October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm staying out of the Oct 2019 forum. My anxiety can't handle it.
Good plan. I won't be, just because there are too many opportunities for sarcasm and other reactionary comedy, but it's not a bad idea.

:respect:   :waitwall:

Programming our entire 46kV sub-transmission system into an automation controller for automatic fault isolation. We're upgrading systems and the engineer that originally installed the old system retired in Aug. Now I, who started in Aug, am responsible for setting up the new automation system from scratch. I haven't even started yet since I have to add a new MOS to the old system since it will be in place until the new one is configured. It's taking forever just to add one switch since I'm having to figure out the old system without any information.

8w2d tomorrow, hoping to see a heart beat at the appointment.

Separate line item - currently set at 100$ [maybe it should be higher but we switch who pays]

In the hunt for Halal sprinkles, I wandered into one of our "ethnic" markets and there was no produce at this one. I'm not sure we have any Asian markets here. Mostly Halal Markets , I will check out the biggest one tho.

I had a CSA last summer and I'm going to look at it again for this summer but from a different farmer. I LOVE my farmer and her produce, it keeps so well. But it has too much kale (I don't like kale, Boyfriend refuses to eat it), I don't care for kohlrabi and I ended up with 6 this season. the price is great, it's also about 25$/wk for un-certified organic. I'm going to look at the farms that let you pick your own veggies from their stand at the weekly market so I can avoid kohlrabi. We're also going to have a garden in the backyard. And we should restart the basement hydroponics here soon... 

We don't have CostCo here and I don't have a Sam's Club or BJs membership anymore. 
Yeah, $100/person for eating out is reasonable.  Not sure if you're able to get the balance to rollover each month?  That way you can splurge if you'd like?

Do you have Indian markets or Vietnamese markets?  Sometimes you have to google search + know someone to get the actual name since they're usually just listed as a normal grocery.  Halal markets sounds more like a dry goods location than an actual grocery?

Yeah, kale/kohlrabi are really easy to grow during the summer.  I love both, especially dinosaur kale, so it worked out for me, but my mom liked that our CSA let us 'choose' what we wanted in our share every week online (they'd have a set share for a certain $ amount, but you could swap cheaper items in for more expensive stuff).  Let her sometimes trade in a bunch of kale to get some extra radishes or butter lettuce.  Ours was certified organic, one of the first on LI, and I'm hoping my mom does it again next year since it will force more money into her.  I did check and Indianapolis does have a farmer's market...but it only runs 6-weeks in winter and 12-weeks in the summer?  Which, idk, doesn't seem worth it.

Uggggggh, I loved my BJs membership.  Def like them more than Costco, but they're not this far west.  Is there any particular grocery that would work, like a Stop n' Shop or a local chain (I find they usually have better veggies).

My face when someone tells me that a stats table that usually takes a couple of hours to pull together ~~will only take him only take 20 minutes~~

giphy.gif

Yeah, $100/person for eating out is reasonable.  Not sure if you're able to get the balance to rollover each month?  That way you can splurge if you'd like?

Do you have Indian markets or Vietnamese markets?  Sometimes you have to google search + know someone to get the actual name since they're usually just listed as a normal grocery.  Halal markets sounds more like a dry goods location than an actual grocery?

Yeah, kale/kohlrabi are really easy to grow during the summer.  I love both, especially dinosaur kale, so it worked out for me, but my mom liked that our CSA let us 'choose' what we wanted in our share every week online (they'd have a set share for a certain $ amount, but you could swap cheaper items in for more expensive stuff).  Let her sometimes trade in a bunch of kale to get some extra radishes or butter lettuce.  Ours was certified organic, one of the first on LI, and I'm hoping my mom does it again next year since it will force more money into her.  I did check and Indianapolis does have a farmer's market...but it only runs 6-weeks in winter and 12-weeks in the summer?  Which, idk, doesn't seem worth it.

Uggggggh, I loved my BJs membership.  Def like them more than Costco, but they're not this far west.  Is there any particular grocery that would work, like a Stop n' Shop or a local chain (I find they usually have better veggies).
Southern Maine has a high Somali population so it's loads of Halal markets and not many other options - I'll keep looking. But tbh, if it's so far out of the way, it doesn't seem like much of a savings when you factor in cost of gas & the cost of my time.

Our big farmers market is year round, its only closed for a couple of Saturdays in the year. And it's also on Wednesday in late Spring until the day before Thanksgiving. Plus the other towns have markets too lol 

I totally shop at our local Hannafords and they bring in some local produce from around New England (its a New England chain and based in Maine), it's my main source of groceries . I hate Stop & Shop so much, it's soooo expensive. I also hate Shaws lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back