April 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if anyone has insight on this:  It appears I mistakenly applied for the wrong license class!  I was always intending to apply to Mechanical (M) with the HVAC discipline.  Instead, I ticked off the HVAC category (rather than mechanical) on the exam application.  Now after all this effort my license class isn't even the one I was hoping for!  Does anyone know if engineering boards can amend a license class?  I took the same test as I would have under the mechanical HVAC discipline..  There aren't separate exams as far as I'm aware it's just a naming formality but I'm not sure how the MA exam board will react.  Oh man I am really hoping theres an easy solution to this!

Wondering if anyone has insight on this:  It appears I mistakenly applied for the wrong license class!  I was always intending to apply to Mechanical (M) with the HVAC discipline.  Instead, I ticked off the HVAC category (rather than mechanical) on the exam application.  Now after all this effort my license class isn't even the one I was hoping for!  Does anyone know if engineering boards can amend a license class?  I took the same test as I would have under the mechanical HVAC discipline..  There aren't separate exams as far as I'm aware it's just a naming formality but I'm not sure how the MA exam board will react.  Oh man I am really hoping theres an easy solution to this!
Have you tried calling your state’s licensing board and explaining your situation already?

Also funny story...I put the wrong employee start date on my licensing application when I applied, and it was in conflict with another part of the application which had the correct date on it. It was embarrassing because a PE shouldn’t be making those mistakes :p luckily it got corrected by me and my employer (who had to re-stamp)

I would just call your board ASAP and also NCEES and explain the situation and see if there's anything anyone can do. we can all speculate but only the jurisdictions in charge have the real answer. 

Also funny story...I put the wrong employee start date on my licensing application when I applied, and it was in conflict with another part of the application which had the correct date on it. It was embarrassing because a PE shouldn’t be making those mistakes :p luckily it got corrected by me and my employer (who had to re-stamp)
I was answering all the questions about being disciplined etc etc, marked no no no no and the last question was can we run a background check and i said no  :facepalm:  had to resend my form in the day it was due 

Have you tried calling your state’s licensing board and explaining your situation already?
Yes, I called and emailed them.  They are unbelievably rude over the phone.  The woman who picked up wouldn't give out one molecule of information other than that they will review the email.  Wouldn't let me know if it was a possibility or if I could elaborate (sometimes an actual phone call is needed for these types of problems).  So it's up to the engineer gods now I suppose.. was hoping if anyone else has ever experienced something similar although I doubt it..

Yes, I called and emailed them.  They are unbelievably rude over the phone.  The woman who picked up wouldn't give out one molecule of information other than that they will review the email.  Wouldn't let me know if it was a possibility or if I could elaborate (sometimes an actual phone call is needed for these types of problems).  So it's up to the engineer gods now I suppose.. was hoping if anyone else has ever experienced something similar although I doubt it..
do some research and see if you can find someone different to contact. the front desk reception won't know the answer, but if you can get through to someone who does, they can help more. good luck!!

I would just call your board ASAP and also NCEES and explain the situation and see if there's anything anyone can do. we can all speculate but only the jurisdictions in charge have the real answer.  
That's great advice reaching out to NCEES, I just emailed them as well.  I was so befuddled to see the HV class as I didn't even realize that was a thing.  More befuddled to see my mechy HVAC peers receive the correct license class.  I don't want this HV crap.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back