October 2017 examinee survey

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you can discuss specifics about certain NCEES questions with NCEES.  
But don't do it through the survey (my survey had a note about this at the top). Send them a message from your MyNCEES account. I did and got back a note saying they would pass feedback onto the panel of experts and not to expect any more replies about it.

I'm not sure who came up with that idea that if you get a survey than you will fail !!! After watching this I called several people who passed on 2016 April, October and 2017 March all of them passed and got the survey.

If you can't do any good to any candidates at least dont stress them out.

I'm not sure who came up with that idea that if you get a survey than you will fail !!! After watching this I called several people who passed on 2016 April, October and 2017 March all of them passed and got the survey.

I'm sure they can find something else to troll about. Like when results are going to be out? or something.

I'm sure they can find something else to troll about. Like when results are going to be out? or something.
it's all in fun, and if anybody searched the board to the effect of this question; many people, including myself, have clarified that they received the survey when they passed and when they failed. 

we're all just here now helping pass the time until results come out. sit back, have some fun, and there's nothing you can do to change whether you passed or failed now anyway. or just be grumpy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
it's all in fun, and if anybody searched the board to the effect of this question; many people, including myself, have clarified that they received the survey when they passed and when they failed. 

we're all just here now helping pass the time until results come out. sit back, have some fun, and there's nothing you can do to change whether you passed or failed now anyway. or just be grumpy. 
This post was pretty hilarious! lol...NCEES moderators must be having a field day with this one....I got 2 surveys I must be DOOOOMED!!! (1) from the Testing Service PCS and (1) from NCEES...I figure my chances are 50/50..all i know is is great to have my life back!!!

Is it really a sign of failure?
I know this has been the information spread in the past but it might not be a sign of failure. 3 of us received the survey within a week or 2 of taking the test. 2/3 of us passed. Believe me I was freaked out and bummed too. Don't give up hope. 

I know this has been the information spread in the past but it might not be a sign of failure. 3 of us received the survey within a week or 2 of taking the test. 2/3 of us passed. Believe me I was freaked out and bummed too. Don't give up hope. 
Thank you for this encouraging post.

There's going to be a lot of that!  Kind of gets your heart racing at first but it's a fun way to destress and pass the time.  There's not any question of when the actual results come out, because there are multiple threads coming out with results and screenshots.  Until then, just enjoy the trolling and don't let it get to you.  It's all in good fun.

Plus, if you read your examinee guide, it clearly states that the survey will be sent the next week.

Plus, if you read your examinee guide, it clearly states that the survey will be sent the next week.
Yes, we already covered this. Thanks again for the info.

Reviewing examinee guide and came across this tidbit...

Examinee Survey

NCEES will email you an online post-exam survey 7–10 days after the exam upon early indications of a failing score. This is your opportunity to provide feedback on the exam process and the exam site conditions. If you have feedback specific to an exam question, provide it immediately after the exam through your MyNCEES account.

I don't remember any post exam survey last October.  I guess all the signs are pointed to NCEES catering to the casuals.

NCEES changes the mechanical morning exam to cover only one discipline as opposed to 3.

NCEES asks where the bad exam hurt you.

What will happen next?  4 possible choices reduced to 3?  

I don't remember any post exam survey last October.  I guess all the signs are pointed to NCEES catering to the casuals.

NCEES changes the mechanical morning exam to cover only one discipline as opposed to 3.

NCEES asks where the bad exam hurt you.

What will happen next?  4 possible choices reduced to 3?  
Well your odds are better if we only have three choices. There ire certain items that NCEES totally misses. Like the table space granted during test taking A 12 inch depth of a table is just ridiculous. They should know better. They really should. 

12" table...where at? In NJ we get a full sized folding table 8-10 ft long for every 2 test takers. I think it would be hard to work with just the exam booklet on 12" deep table

I'm not sure that there's EVER been a recent test-taker in the history of EB who's used the search page to find an answer to their question. Especially about the post-test survey.

Back