March 2024 Seismic/Surveying Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New thread for Seismic/Surveying Exams taken during March 2024 .. I took surveying March 29th . Hopefully everyone passes
What materials did you use to prepare and how do you feel about the test? I’m taking it in May, and thinking about buying practice set from CESPR.

What materials did you use to prepare and how do you feel about the test? I’m taking it in May, and thinking about buying practice set from CESPR.
I think CESPR is the way to go .. I also solved the practice exam from Reza’s book .. Make sure you do all the questions in CESPR .. The exam wasn’t difficult but its all about speed .. I had to guess 5 questions. Another 5 which I wasn’t sure about .. The rest of the questions were straight forward

Very high chance of results being released within the first 10 days of the month based on previous months. Hoping for tomorrow or Wednesday. If anyone calls the board to ask for an estimated date, please post it here. Thank you!

I took Surveying in late January 2024 and got my results late February, a full month later. Sounds like for February 2024 exams, the Board got back on track with reporting results between the 8-10th of the month which is encouraging... I took Seismic in early March and hope to hear tomorrow! Both of these waits have been excruciating.

Very high chance of results being released within the first 10 days of the month based on previous months. Hoping for tomorrow or Wednesday. If anyone calls the board to ask for an estimated date, please post it here. Thank

Very high chance of results being released within the first 10 days of the month based on previous months. Hoping for tomorrow or Wednesday. If anyone calls the board to ask for an estimated date, please post it here. Thank you!
Most
most probably its gonna be tomorrow around 2 AM

Results emailed at 4/10 at 3:25am. Passed Seismic! Good luck to all!

Received my results, Failed Seismic, but when I want to see the result details, it does not show anything! Blank like you pass an exam. Has anybody had similar experience?

Received my results, Failed Seismic, but when I want to see the result details, it does not show anything! Blank like you pass an exam. Has anybody had similar experience?
I am having the same issue with not getting the diagnostics report for the failed seismic exam. I am emailing the Board to see if they respond. Please post if you figure anything out.

sorry to hear that you failed. Can you retake the exam again in Q2? or you have to retake it in Q3 since you are making payment for the exam in Q2?

I am having the same issue with not getting the diagnostics report for the failed seismic exam. I am emailing the Board to see if they respond. Please post if you figure anything out.
Essentially, it's been useless for me. I had a feeling I would pass, but unfortunately, I didn't. I'm feeling very bad; it's harmful. I studied very, very hard. No one knows what is going on with the board; they said the passing cutoff is 65%, but I doubt it.

Essentially, it's been useless for me. I had a feeling I would pass, but unfortunately, I didn't. I'm feeling very bad; it's harmful. I studied very, very hard. No one knows what is going on with the board; they said the passing cutoff is 65%, but I doubt it.
who said the passing cutoff was 65%?

Separately, I had failed both the seismic and the surveying exams and I passed the survey exam recently in February (got the result in March).
I under estimated the exams initially.

I did not take any classes, per my personal experience, you will need a BOOK, a good book which concludes all the materials that the test plan covers to pass the exam. The thinner the book the better in this case!

I used professor Reza Mahallati's book for the Surveying exam. I studied an hour here and a couple hours there for two months (not even everyday). After taking the exam, while I walked out of the exam room I asked myself why the exam was so easy this time.

Quoted from professor Reza's book:" Most people would complain about not having enough time. One of the best ways to improve your efficiency and eventually your time management is by solving these problems several times regardless of their degrees of difficulties".

You will pass the exam(s) next quarter!!

Last edited:
Back