Oct 2018 Failing Scores

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here failed 40/80 Geotech - grade 61. 

23 AM, 17 PM - I took SOPE on-demand since I have a traveling job. Their AM is okay but I didn't liked their geo depth at all, I think their geo depth course is structured not in line with the actual exam. I hope I can put this exam behind me in the next few days and start preparing for April exam. I have heard good things about EET, can someone please put some light on best course available for Geo Depth
Wow that means the geotech exam was real rough. Based on your numbers cut score was roughly 46...

I took PPI Breadth and Depth Geotech and I feel like I was not prepared enough after leaving the exam.. 

PE (Civil: Structural) failed@48/80, TBPE overall score: 68. 1st attempt.

How to know the rates of morning and afternoon from the diagnostics?

Anyone failed at 49/80? Should I apply for double checking?

hoses that have passed congrats! For that have failed you will get in the next cycle. Please post your failing score her

How do you know your score? Is it revealed only if you fail? Ncees?
Yes, you will know your score if you fail. There will be a diagnostic chart which shows how many questions you get correct in every subject area.

Good Luck

PE (Civil: Structural) failed@48/80, TBPE overall score: 68. 1st attempt.

How to know the rates of morning and afternoon from the diagnostics?

Anyone failed at 49/80? Should I apply for double checking?
I failed at 48 last year and paid for the re-check because I thought it would be close enough. It didn't pan out. I think they list that they've never overturned a score. Save your money.

PE Civil ( Structures) - 48/80 

AM- 28

PM - 20

Was incapacitated on the day of the exam.

Studied CERM, SERM, did not carry all the codes (IBC and Masonry).Took Civil PE Practice test and NCEES Practice Test. 

PE Civil ( Structures) - 48/80 

AM- 28

PM - 20

Was incapacitated on the day of the exam.

Studied CERM, SERM, did not carry all the codes (IBC and Masonry).Took Civil PE Practice test and NCEES Practice Test. 
How to calculate the rates in morning and afternoon from the diagnostic?

Anyone out there in TX who passed with a 70%? Just trying to understand the TBPE Score a little better and determine if 70% is indeed the passing grade.

Wow that means the geotech exam was real rough. Based on your numbers cut score was roughly 46...

I took PPI Breadth and Depth Geotech and I feel like I was not prepared enough after leaving the exam.. 
Not sure what is the passing criteria, my friend from Terracon got a 46 (grade - 66) and failed. He colleague from Terracon got 50 and still failed, may be the raw cut off is in the mid 50s.

How to calculate the rates in morning and afternoon from the diagnostic?
Top 8 sections are AM

The remaining are PM. 

If you count the number of questions, in top 8 and the remaining, they are 40 and 40.

I took it in Texas. Failed in April with a 49/80 ElecPower at 69%. I passed this October with a 71%. 70% is the cutoff

No. I bought MERM and Tim Kennedy. I also worked out few MERM practice problems. I practiced NCEES questions many times. It seems questions are harder than NCEES practice exam. 

I am thinking of buying Engr Pro guide and practice exam. Anything else you suggest? 

Don't buy Engr Pro guide, but buy practice exam from NCEES. EMRM is definitely a must for PE exam. May I ask how much you studied for the exam?  and how many years of experience you have?

70% is the passing grade. It’s listed under examination details in the TBPE rules and regulations.. something along the lines of “a passing score is that of a numerical score of 70 or higher”
I just found this in the rules and regulations. Do you think it's worth applying for rechecking based on my score of 68?

70% is the passing grade. It’s listed under examination details in the TBPE rules and regulations.. something along the lines of “a passing score is that of a numerical score of 70 or higher”
Those are old Standards. There is a similar thing in Florida Board too.

NCEES uses a modern telemetry blah blah, statistics method. 

But it is true that the general consensus among test takes is that it is generally 56/80 which is 70% , a safe figure.

Given how hard or easy a particular test was, the passing grade is curved to match the standards of previous tests. Basically people who passed it last time should be in a way similar to the person who passes this year.

Also, I dont think it just a flat number like 56/80; there might be some extra points when you do better than the average in a particular section and you lose some points when you score below the average, making the score hover around 56 but not exact 56.

Back