Oct 2018 Failing Scores

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
****.  Sorry to hear that.  If you don't mind me asking, did you take a review course?
No. I bought MERM and Tim Kennedy. I also worked out few MERM practice problems. I practiced NCEES questions many times. It seems questions are harder than NCEES practice exam. 

I am thinking of buying Engr Pro guide and practice exam. Anything else you suggest? 

Civil Structural/ Fail in the 40's. That's all I want to say on that.

Better luck next time, I suppose

Back to the books again for the 3rd time, 35/80. I felt certain that I've done better than the 1st time.

Civil Geotech/Fail -41/80. I am loosing hope. Looking for recommendations - School of PE or EET? Please help

I failed twice at 46.. it's doable!
I knew I bombed the afternoon portion when I left the exam site. I reviewed practice exams. Next time I’ll review both practice exams and take a course like Test Masters or something

Civil Structural 42/80 Louisiana

Last edited by a moderator:
Civil Geotech/Fail -41/80. I am loosing hope. Looking for recommendations - School of PE or EET? Please help
I passed geotech depth. I used School of PE, and just worked tons of practice problems. NCEES practice exams, and other practice problems that I found online. Geotechnical engineers handbook was very helpful for the more obscure qualitative questions on the depth portion. 

I knew I bombed the afternoon portion when I left the exam site. I reviewed practice exams. Next time I’ll review both practice exams and take a course like Test Masters or something
I really loved the School of PE for the morning portion and EET for the depth portion of the test. 

I passed Civil Structural this year. SchoolOfPe for morning is great. I was completely green about all those water/construction/road issues, and just by attending all their classes when I left morning portion (at 10:55AM, so more than hour before end of time) I knew that I shall have around 35-40 (so close to 100%) good answers. It was like copy paste from their materials, or even easier.

However I can not say the same about Structural depth. I am licensed in other country, and my biggest issue was all those factors and code related problems. Unfortunately leaving afternoon session I knew it did not go well. The SchoolOfPe spent a lot of time on a general approach, whereas those small details (thousand of coefficients for timber design)  somehow were merely mentioned. They spent few hours on AASHTO approach to different things, but from the beginning other told me that there would be maybe max. 2 questions related to it.

Still I believe, that if you are confident in your area, then taking SchoolOfPe for morning is the best approach.

Same here failed 40/80 Geotech - grade 61. 

23 AM, 17 PM - I took SOPE on-demand since I have a traveling job. Their AM is okay but I didn't liked their geo depth at all, I think their geo depth course is structured not in line with the actual exam. I hope I can put this exam behind me in the next few days and start preparing for April exam. I have heard good things about EET, can someone please put some light on best course available for Geo Depth

Back