NY State

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, very good. I will think about it for a week or so before I make a decision. Thank you! 
Remember!  You have until February when registration closes!  I suggest making it through the holidays first.  Who knows, in January you may get a new project and you won't have time to study!  

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember!  You have until February when registration closes!  I suggest making it through the holidays first.  Who knows, =in January you may get a new project and you won't have time to study!  
True! Will do that.

Was thinking same thing. I’m gonna consult folks at my office this afternoon 
You can go ahead and call the Office of the Professionals in NYS Education department, but I would suggest waiting a couple of weeks, since they wait for a database transfer from NCEES to be completed before they begin processing the license issue.  However give them a call then (a couple of weeks) and ask if there are any issues with your application.

When I called about a month after receiving the NCEES 'Passed' message, they looked up my application in the queue and a very helpful lady asked me several questions, including:

• Have I ever had a license revoked or suspended?
  • Did I have at least six months left on my Drivers license renewal?
  • Have I moved?
  • Do I have any criminal convictions or arrests (arrests in the last year)?
Once I gave the lady the answers she was hoping for,  she verified that my application had not been submitted more than 5-years ago, and of course my scores for the FE and PE (which she did not reveal), then she told me I should be fine when they get to my application queue position (supposedly based upon the order in which NCEES listed my scores).  She would not tell me where I was in that queue however.

Keep checking the license lookup site at: http://www.op.nysed.gov/opsearches.htm (using Profession of Engineer or Professional Engineer).

Also, congratulations for your success :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got this email from NY dept of education -  i contacted them asking what the “next steps” should be  

Congratulations! There is nothing you need to do further. It will take another 5 – 8 weeks for your license and registration certificate to be produced and mailed to you. In the meantime you may check our web site for your name at: http://www.op.nysed.gov/opsearches.htm  The next business day after your name appears in that database, your documents will be placed in the mail to you.

I passed HVAC and Refrigeration!

Since NY doesn't let you take the PE without meeting the other requirements, is it safe to add PE to our names? My bosses want to reorder business cards for me.

I'm asking because there are a few nightmare threads about NY taking an excruciatingly long time to issue licenses. I won't actually be signing or sealing anything in my office.

I passed HVAC and Refrigeration!

Since NY doesn't let you take the PE without meeting the other requirements, is it safe to add PE to our names? My bosses want to reorder business cards for me.

I'm asking because there are a few nightmare threads about NY taking an excruciatingly long time to issue licenses. I won't actually be signing or sealing anything in my office.
there is a sticky thread addressing this, "when to add PE to your name"

Thanks. I saw that. Was just wondering about other people from NY in particular.

Back