NY State

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.png

Found out last night! I would like to thank all the EB members and moderators for all the help, guidance, and sanity checks along the way especially @RBHeadge PE who puts a lot of time and effort into keeping everyone informed! Congrats to all the other members who passed and to those who failed don't quit!

The "next steps"in NY just takes me to the NYS OP page and doesn't really seem to have anything that indicates what to do next.  Is there anything to do?  Or just wait for a license number?

The "next steps"in NY just takes me to the NYS OP page and doesn't really seem to have anything that indicates what to do next.  Is there anything to do?  Or just wait for a license number?
Was thinking same thing. I’m gonna consult folks at my office this afternoon 

This varies by state. In April 2018 exam cycle, Florida, Exam results came out May 29th, licenses were posted June 25th. Some states are instant (Georgia I think is one). Might check the NY thread from April to see how it went down last cycle.

Last edited by a moderator:
It generally takes NYS a few weeks to get license numbers and certs issued.  Enjoy the feeling of passing the exam and buckle down for a, hopefully not too long, wait.

I failed. I registered for April 19. Congrats all passed!

I failed too. Congrats to all that passed! @Workx Do we just register through the NCEES website, we don't need to go through the NYS board?
When you retake the NYS exam (I had to do it three times, unfortunately, so I know the details), you go through the NCEES website again.  It'll most likely say you need to address your name/address, but all your files/everything should have been submitted already to NYS.  If you received approval from NYS to sit, you're good to go!  Just re-register through NCEES!

I just registered through NCEES. It is waiting for board approval. I hope board approved automatically. I choose Albany area this time...

Well done @JayKay0914!!! I used to live in Syracuse. Neat!
Hahahahahaha, I actually only went to Syracuse because I did not want to deal with the NYC testing site again (and my parents have a vacation home in Ithaca, so I didn't need to worry about a hotel or anything!).  THE TESTING CENTER WAS ON THE FAIR GROUNDS.

When you retake the NYS exam (I had to do it three times, unfortunately, so I know the details), you go through the NCEES website again.  It'll most likely say you need to address your name/address, but all your files/everything should have been submitted already to NYS.  If you received approval from NYS to sit, you're good to go!  Just re-register through NCEES!
Thank you! Let me ask you this since you are kind of experienced in taking the test...LOL. Would you advise me on taking it this April or wait to October?

Thank you! Let me ask you this since you are kind of experienced in taking the test...LOL. Would you advise me on taking it this April or wait to October?
It depends, I think, on how well you know yourself and if you took a class or not and if you're potentially changing jobs?  The first time I took the test, I was bogged down by PM work and didn't really take it as seriously as I could have?  The second time...I had literally changed jobs 2-months before the exam, so I was stressed and freaking out.  Instead of taking the April 2018 exam, I told myself to wait and let things settle before I really balls-to-the-walls/study king the October 2018 exam.

I think you really need to figure out if you want to start studying again so soon, or if you want to relax.  For the October exam, I started studying at the end of August after a long-vacation, so I was ready to work/prove myself.  Plus studying for me during the winter months didn't work...since I was way more interested in eating/staying warm. 

I would suggest to go for April 19. Get it done while all concepts are fresh in your mind. 

It depends, I think, on how well you know yourself and if you took a class or not and if you're potentially changing jobs?  The first time I took the test, I was bogged down by PM work and didn't really take it as seriously as I could have?  The second time...I had literally changed jobs 2-months before the exam, so I was stressed and freaking out.  Instead of taking the April 2018 exam, I told myself to wait and let things settle before I really balls-to-the-walls/study king the October 2018 exam.

I think you really need to figure out if you want to start studying again so soon, or if you want to relax.  For the October exam, I started studying at the end of August after a long-vacation, so I was ready to work/prove myself.  Plus studying for me during the winter months didn't work...since I was way more interested in eating/staying warm. 
Ok, very good. I will think about it for a week or so before I make a decision. Thank you! 

I would suggest to go for April 19. Get it done while all concepts are fresh in your mind. 
That's what I am thinking but I would give it a week or so before making a decision. Thanks!

Back