NFL season 2019

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah kickers have it rough. They are expected to be almost perfect and quickly get fired if they aren't. I'm just glad that I'm allowed to make mistakes at work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah kickers have it rough. They are expected to be almost perfect and quickly get fired if they aren't. I'm just glad that I'm allowed to make mistakes at work.
Well, this guy was a brand new undrafted rookie who just signed with the 49ers a few days ago (I wanna say like last Thursday?), but yeah! It's true. They get a lot of hate when they miss no matter how good or bad they are.

I caught the last quarter (plus extra time) of last night's game. Didn't really see how Jimmy G did, but felt really badly for the Niners poor kicker who totally shanked (though I thought shanking was only hitting the golf ball to the right?) that game-winning field goal. It was too much pressure for the guy, I think.
He did ok the first two drives, actually but...

Amen. Looks like when they finally faced a team that didn't suck they got exposed.

That fight was whack!  Hope Rudolph is ok!  Definitely a good reminder to not "poke the bear"  Wonder how long the dude will be suspended for, hopefully a while...

That fight was whack!  Hope Rudolph is ok!  Definitely a good reminder to not "poke the bear"  Wonder how long the dude will be suspended for, hopefully a while...
I hope not long. The Steelers bring this on. Somehow the bulk of their dirty play goes unrecognized. And it was clear Rudolph was the instigator. He should get 1 maybe 2 games, IMO.

What started the wrestling match between the 2 in the first place? I had lost interest in the game at that point. 

I dont think criminal charges need to be filed like most of the national media, but I think the helmet swinger is going to be gone for a while...

But if I push someone and they push me back and I fall and crack my skull and die, someone is likely going to do some jail time.

What started the wrestling match between the 2 in the first place? I had lost interest in the game at that point. 

I dont think criminal charges need to be filed like most of the national media, but I think the helmet swinger is going to be gone for a while...

But if I push someone and they push me back and I fall and crack my skull and die, someone is likely going to do some jail time.
Rudolph had a bitch fit because he got tackled.  Nothing wrong with it, Garrett was already in the process of taking him down when he threw the ball away.  Rudolph tried to rip Garrett's helmet off when they were on the ground, and from what I hear, may have kicked Garrett in the nads.  Garrett got up and yanked Rudolph's helmet off in retaliation.

So, yeah, Garrett should definitely get suspended, but if Rudolph doesn't, then it's just one more example of the Steelers always getting special treatment in the NFL.

Word is, Garrett's out indefinitely for at least the rest of the season + playoffs, Plouncey (Steelers) got a three game suspension and Ogunjobi of the Browns got a one game suspension.

In addition, both the Browns and the Steelers were fined a whopping $250,000.

I can barely believe it, folks!

Maybe it benefits the losing team, but they should have some type of rule that makes the game a forfeit if something like this happens, somehow make it a -1, worse than a loss when competing for the playoff spots, money wont really be a deterrent, but having a team of jackasses that cost you the division will be painful to the owners.

eadbd6b341f99f6e4c39dc2deb15cf14.jpg

Back