NFL Football 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lions-preseason-champs-men-s-detroit-muscle-tee_design.png

ngnrd said:
I don't put any stock in pre-season records. But I do look at how the starters play, how comfortable the team seems to be working together, how the players fit the coaching schemes, how the coaches adapt, and what the team's overall progress is from week to week. Don't count Detroit out just yet. They actually got their act together and were looking pretty good at the end of last season (Suh is just a monster). And both their offensive and defensive starters looked pretty good for the pre-season this year. If Stafford can actually stay on the field for more than a couple of games without breaking they might actually have a pretty good run.
On the other hand... Hail to the Redskins!

• I seriously hope Shanahan starts Beck and not Grossman. But, that crazy old man probably won't. But, hey... if not, the fans will likely get the pleasure of yelling at our TV's for yet another season.
  • I don't think I'm going to miss Portis as much as I thought I would. Hightower has me at least as excited as I am nervous about the running game.
  • The O-line seems to finally be doing it's job. It's nice to see that our QB's didn't spend the majority of the pre-season on their backs.
  • And, if Banks can save the celebrations until after he actually crosses the goal line, even the returns will be fun to watch.

Yeah, I know. They haven't even played one regular season game yet. Call me an optimist.
so thats where rexy is now a days...i remember the yelling at the TV

only got to watch the last 11 minutes of bears/falcons game...what a game to miss...wish i remembered to set the recorder.

although if i heard correctly there were several games with scores in the 30-40 point range...wow, i thought preseason was over.

Gotta say that I'm impressed with the way Cam played yesterday. He showed a lot of poise in the pocket and didn't look to run as soon as things started crumbling. He's still got a long way to go, but if yesterday's game is any indication, he could be great. At least the Panthers were fun to watch.

although if i heard correctly there were several games with scores in the 30-40 point range...wow, i thought preseason was over.
My thoughts exactly, especially with Detroit winning and putting up the score/stats they did...

The Bills/Chiefs game was a good game to watch too. Too bad I started the Chiefs Defense. :brickwall:

Nothing like watching the Cowboys crumble.
:plusone:

^^^Two questions: They had a defense? Why did you draft them?
Well I didn't draft them specifically thinking they had a good defense but that's how it panned out. I also didn't expect Buffalo to do as well as they did given their pre-seaon performance. And it was either that or the Saints def. I surely wasn't going to put them against our Superbowl champs. ;)

Gotta say that I'm impressed with the way Cam played yesterday. He showed a lot of poise in the pocket and didn't look to run as soon as things started crumbling. He's still got a long way to go, but if yesterday's game is any indication, he could be great. At least the Panthers were fun to watch.

Not sure I can agree. With the way Arizona's coverage looked, a Pop Warner QB could have put up 400 yards. As soon as they got some pressure on him, he was back to panic mode, throwing off his back foot, etc.

I'd also like to thank Tony Romo for my Jets win!

Not sure I can agree. With the way Arizona's coverage looked, a Pop Warner QB could have put up 400 yards. As soon as they got some pressure on him, he was back to panic mode, throwing off his back foot, etc.
Now granted, I'm a little more biased, but it's a little hard to downplay a 400+ yard day for any qb, much less a rookie playing in his first game. He still has a long way to go, but he completed 65% of his passes and handled the pressure much better than what you alluded to. Our other options at qb, Clausen or Anderson, would have had given up at least twice the sacks that Newton did. I don't expect him to have numbers anywhere near this the rest of the year, but if he continues to get better at his reads and learns when to forget the pass and take off, he's going to be good.

We'll see what happens, but it was nice to have an offense on the field again. We haven't had one of those around here in a few years.

Question, and a serious one...

Is not Tony Romo the most overrated QB in the NFL? The guy always crumbles when the game is on the line, and it is not the post season yet.

Question, and a serious one...
Is not Tony Romo the most overrated QB in the NFL? The guy always crumbles when the game is on the line, and it is not the post season yet.
I've never taken him seriously. He has shown short bursts of top 5 QB play, then turns around and fumbles/INT's the game away.

The Bills/Chiefs game was a good game to watch too. Too bad I started the Chiefs Defense. :brickwall:
What's good to watch about a 41-7 blowout, unless you REALLY hate the Chiefs???
Answer is in the question. :p

What's good to watch about a 41-7 blowout, unless you REALLY hate the Chiefs???
Perhaps I didn't phrase that right. I guess it was just weird to see Buffalo putting up that kind of numbers. LOL

Latest posts

Back