NFL Football 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Said important player has something like 7 kids with 8 women, I wouldn't lend him much credence.

The Jets are a total circus. It starts at the top and permeates down to their loudmouthed coach. They are a streaky team hellbent on stealing the headlines from the other team in the stadium. As a Pats fan, I loathe both of them. But I at least respect the Giants as an organization. It's eaxactly like Yanks/Mets (I love the Mets, but man they suck) or Lakers/Clippers. A perenially successful team against one just trying to make a splash.

Wild cat is dead in the NFL. DC figured that one out.Not even Tebow can save that one.

RW, I was hoping to see going to a place where he was going to be able to learn from a good QB for maybe 2 or 3 years and then find another team to play at the QB. I agree that nor Miami or Jax were those places. Denver (Elway) needed to get rid of him to avoid more billboards. They did not believe in him and I am convinced they set up him to fail.

The JETS team is a circus. An important player is on record saying that the team did not need Tebow. Some others mocked him last season. How can someone fit in that environment? Time will tell. But looking at the whole thing, maybe you are right and they are after his skills but I am 90% convinced that his career as a QB is over.
His career as a typical QB in the NFL was over when he was still playing in college. He just doesn't fit with what most coaches in the NFL want. No amount of tutoring from an established prototypical quarterback was going to change that. No team with an established prototypical quarterback wanted him as a backup because as a backup QB that player has to be able to step in and run the system that the coaches are already running. The coaches don't want to have to change their whole system for one player. Denver did that for Tebow, but only because they really had no other choice at the time and it worked, for a while, but it was clear that was not the long term direction Denver wanted to go.

The only places that seemed interested in him were those teams that needed a quick boost in attendance. I know it's not the ideal situation for Tebow being that the Jets are a real circus but I really think that's a much better option for Tebow then most other places. The only place I thought that was mentioned as a more compelling scenario for Tebow would have been to play in Philadelphia as a backup to Vick. There Tebow would be able to step in a system that is better suited for him if (when) Vick gets hurt.

Wild cat is dead in the NFL.
His career as a typical QB in the NFL was over when he was still playing in college. He just doesn't fit with what most coaches in the NFL want.
Both of the above quotes are true. NFL defenses are way to big and fast for the wildcat or option game to work consistently and effectively. Tebow is a wildcat/option quarterback...period. He will never be a pocket passer, no matter who is there to tutor him. His game does not match what is required in the NFL.

He may be the nicest, holiest, most moral person on the planet, but that doesn't make him an NFL-caliber quarterback.

I was thinking tampa would jump on tebow, there offense sucks so bad at least tebow would give it some spark, and of course the Florida connection... I also don't know how jax will keep a pro team, they basically give the tix away from what my friends who live there tell me...

Of all the teams that didn't need a circus act, he just had to land in my Jets locker room...

I'm not holding my breath on that one. I don't think Rex Ryan is particularly sold on the smiley optimist...

Of all the teams that didn't need a circus act, he just had to land in my Jets locker room...
The Jets are a circus act to start with. Now they added another ring (and I don't mean a SB ring) to it.

I don't expect much on the field from them, 6-10, maybe 7-9, but the locker room theatrics should be solid gold.

I'm more scared about Buffalo in the division this year.

^^^ The D-line for Buffalo is scary this year. I don't see them winning the division, but they could make a solid wildcard run.

I still anticipate the Jets doing roughly as well as last year (they haven't lost anyone major), but like the year before, it depends largely on whether or not their defense decides to show up.

The circus act comment was alluding to the fact that their locker room antics were already the star of the show...

Latest posts

Back