NFL 2016

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see my Buckeyes clean house in the first round.  Glad the Jets picked up Darren Lee, but I'm not sure they shouldn't have spent that pick going for a replacement for Ferguson after his retirement.  Or, you know, the myriad of other positions they're awful at, like the entire offense.

I really could give 2 shits for the draft.  Until they can make the 53-man roster, they aren't worth knowing.  Even then, after a year or so no one remembers 99% of them regardless.

LOL....

A new Washington Post poll found that 90 percent of Native Americans aren't offended by the Washington Redskins' nickname and an overwhelming majority consider it an unimportant issue.

The Post polled 504 people who identify primarily as Native American from across the country, including those who lived on reservations and those who were not part of a tribe.

The general population appears to care more about the name than Native Americans. Thursday's findings by the Post match an Annenberg Center survey taken in 2004. The Post poll also found that 78 percent deemed the Redskins' name an issue that is either "not too" or "not at all" important.

Suzan Harjo, the lead plaintiff challenging the team's trademark protections, rejected the new results, saying it was an invalid way to surveying those in Indian country.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15608840/native-americans-say-unbothered-redskins-team-name-washington-post-poll

there are enough liberals to be offended on behalf of others it seems, even if those they are offended for are not truly offended.. 

My kids elementary schools mascot is "the warriors"  Ill have to see if I can find a pic, but in the gym they have this  huge painting of an indian rising out of the fire about to deliver a can of whoop ass.. I have always wondered while I sit in the gym (for kid school crap, band, sports, etc) if that was "offensive" similar to the Redskins Logo / image?

there are enough liberals to be offended on behalf of others it seems, even if those they are offended for are not truly offended.. 

My kids elementary schools mascot is "the warriors"  Ill have to see if I can find a pic, but in the gym they have this  huge painting of an indian rising out of the fire about to deliver a can of whoop ass.. I have always wondered while I sit in the gym (for kid school crap, band, sports, etc) if that was "offensive" similar to the Redskins Logo / image?
QFT.  Similar situation a while back with one of the colleges here downtown.  Used to be the Marquette Warriors and are now the Golden Eagles.  <smh>

I demand a name change as an animal rights activist.  Protected birds should not be forced to play collegiate sports.

why is brady still fighting the 4 game suspension?  He has probably spent more on lawyers than what he would miss in pay for 4 games

why is brady still fighting the 4 game suspension?  He has probably spent more on lawyers than what he would miss in pay for 4 games
Better yet, why is he the only one still fighting anything at this point?  Seems to be just a media sideshow now.  If it were any other no-namer, this story would have died long ago.  I'm no Pats/Brady fan, but it sure seems like the league is specifically targeting him to prove a point and demonstrate their resolve.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm betting he's using the Patriots' attorneys.  Him sitting for 4 games can't help sales.

I thought I saw something saying the Super Bowl was going to be in south Florida?

They could be trying to make an example out of Brady, but I also wonder if they're pushing the issue because it's not the first time the Patriots have been caught cheating.

Seahawks were given the number 1 rating for team talent.  I wish they hadn't done that.  The team does better when they're underdogs.

Back