NEW YORK - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received this answer from Chris of Castle Worldwide today:
The Engineering results just arrived to our office from the organization that scores them (NCEES). We will spend the next few days processing everything and verifying the information. You can anticipate results to be sent out in approximately 5 to 7 business days.

Maybe someone can get in contact with Chris for an update!

what does that mean though? sent out from Castle 5-7 days from June 25th? that would mean they'd leave NC tomorrow at the earliest. Grumble... Grumble...

I don't know why i'm even lookgin for results, i'm so scared that i failed it i don't even want to know!

Just called NYS this afternoon was told "the results should be mailed out this week"

Just checked the verification site and it says "service not available." Wonder what that means...

Just checked the NYS license verification site again.... the last number posted today was 087041... it was registered to a person with the last name "Arnold" who lives in NY... could they have entered the first of many at the end of the day??? I wonder.

:please: :please:

That guy probably moved to NY with a PE from another state. Once you see at least 10 consecutive numbers with NY addresses then we are in Luck.

Just checked the NYS license verification site again.... the last number posted today was 087041... it was registered to a person with the last name "Arnold" who lives in NY... could they have entered the first of many at the end of the day??? I wonder.
:please: :please:

Also keep in mind that they are not entered in alphabetical order.

Also keep in mind that they are not entered in alphabetical order.
The third paragraph in the letter that we are going to receive from Castle says:

“If your score indicates “P” (Pass), it will take approximately 3 weeks for a status review of your licensure application file. If you meet all requirement for licensure you will granted a license as soon as possible”

So I would wait for the letter first then check the web site when you passed, Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
The third paragraph in the letter that we are going to receive from Castle says:"If your score indicates "P" (Pass), it will take approximately 3 weeks for a status review of your licensure application file. If you meet all requirement for licensure you will granted a license as soon as possible"

So I would wait for the letter first then check the web site when you passed, Good luck
easier said than done,

i know when i was waiting last time i was on the state's website all the time.

then my name just appeared the 1st time i checked it at 8am on a friday. (the letter arrived monday, and the license and certificate on tuesday)

I have a friend who passed in October and the same thing happened, he name appeared on Friday and the letter came on Monday!!!!

I am waiting for the Letter, but keep checking the damn website also!

Maybe someone can get in contact with Chris for an update!
Update from Chris:

The test results for the April 2009 Engineering examinations are ready for release. We have completed the electronic transfer of the scores up to NYSED and are awaiting their confirmation of receipt and successful upload. Once they complete their upload and audit process, they will notify us to release the results via USPS to all of the candidates. I anticipate that notification to come to us after today or tomorrow. This means the mailing will probably take place Monday or Tuesday.

The only results that will not be released are for the STR II examinations.

This is just an estimated timeline. Everything hinges on when NYSED gives us the approval to release the results.

Update from Chris:
The test results for the April 2009 Engineering examinations are ready for release. We have completed the electronic transfer of the scores up to NYSED and are awaiting their confirmation of receipt and successful upload. Once they complete their upload and audit process, they will notify us to release the results via USPS to all of the candidates. I anticipate that notification to come to us after today or tomorrow. This means the mailing will probably take place Monday or Tuesday.

The only results that will not be released are for the STR II examinations.

This is just an estimated timeline. Everything hinges on when NYSED gives us the approval to release the results.

Thanks for the update!!

Thanks for the update.it means we have to wait 1 more week grrrrrrrwe are living in a computer world and a stupid exam results comes in 2-3 months
I went and checked out NCARB (architects version of ncees) because I know they use computer testing. Interesting what I found:

How long after I take the exam will I receive my scores?Results for multiple-choice divisions are typically processed within two to four weeks of your test date. Graphic division scores are typically processed within four to six weeks of your test date. After processing, your score is forwarded directly to your board of architecture. Your board then completes any additional processing and forwards the score report to you. Test results are not released at the test center and are not available through NCARB.
So even on computer it takes up to 6 weeks to get the scores to the licensing boards and then what ever they have to do to them before they notify. ncees started notifying at 8 weeks and then boards are doing whatever they need to do. So going to computer only saves two weeks?

So even on computer it takes up to 6 weeks to get the scores to the licensing boards and then what ever they have to do to them before they notify. ncees started notifying at 8 weeks and then boards are doing whatever they need to do. So going to computer only saves two weeks?
I think those are people who already have PE license in another states that they just transfer to NY.

I think those are people who already have PE license in another states that they just transfer to NY.
No. engTT was talking about being in a computer world and it taking so long to get results. I was noting that the architects, who use computer based testing still take almost as long to get their results as the engineers.

Has anyone heard anything new? They've only added one 087042 since Thursday afternoon.

NYS got the electronic pass list from Castle. Therefore, I would expect to see the info listed on their website any minute or day now! :please:

Back