NEW YORK - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they added a new construction module and combined Water Resources and Environmental. the new modules are Construction, Transpo, Water Resources and Envrionmental, Geotechnical, and Structural. The AM portion will be 20% of each of these topics, and the PM will be a choice of one of them.
check this link out for more details

http://www.ncees.org/exams/professional/pe_civil_exams.php
OK , I may have jumped the gun.. This pertains to the PE, I was wondering about the FE. Is it the same format, or will it change as well??

Rusty

PEPG-
Long time no see. How did the exam go this time? Did you use the School of PE course again?

Good luck with the results...

ktulu
I did not do the PE course again. As a matter of fact, I did not study one bit! The only "studying" I did was collect my references the night before. I felt no different leaving in October than I did in April, only in April I studied my buns off.

I don't recommend not studying to anyone, it is just that I could not sacrafice that kind of energy twice in one year. I have a wife and 5 kids at home!

I did not do the PE course again. As a matter of fact, I did not study one bit! The only "studying" I did was collect my references the night before. I felt no different leaving in October than I did in April, only in April I studied my buns off.
I don't recommend not studying to anyone, it is just that I could not sacrafice that kind of energy twice in one year. I have a wife and 5 kids at home!
thats almost the exact thing that i did, i spent about 2-3 hours going over where everything was in the books 2 days before the exam and then packed the car the night before and i felt no worse than i did when i took it in april. we'll see how the diagnostics says i actually did though. i figure that i only missed it by 3-4 questions in april, so who knows.......

thats almost the exact thing that i did, i spent about 2-3 hours going over where everything was in the books 2 days before the exam and then packed the car the night before and i felt no worse than i did when i took it in april. we'll see how the diagnostics says i actually did though. i figure that i only missed it by 3-4 questions in april, so who knows.......
Exactly! I was pretty confident after April, and I was really upset that I did not feel much different after leaving the room in October. It makes you feel like your damned if you study, and damned if you don't. That sounds real sour, but I am not that far gone yet. I will play the game until I get it done, thats all.

for what its worth NY is updating its website with new licenses. they are up to around #085332 and climbing.

they so far are all out of state people though. reciprocity licenses is my guess.

for what its worth NY is updating its website with new licenses. they are up to around #085332 and climbing.
they so far are all out of state people though. reciprocity licenses is my guess.
I noticed that. I swore to myself I would not get caught up in this again, but here I go, looking at newly issued licenses. I must be nuts. I should just accept that I am going to get a thick letter again. :brickwall:

I should note that a fellow member named Luis predicted I would pass in October - and that he has never missed a prediction. I hope I don't mess up his streak! Based on last years posted results, we have at least a two week wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that. I swore to myself I would not get caught up in this again, but here I go, looking at newly issued licenses. I must be nuts. I should just accept that I am going to get a thick letter again. :brickwall:

haha...same here....i say that same thing each time....but its the home stretch now...good luck.

Castle stinks. I took the April 08 exam and found my name on the NYS Office of Professionals website BEFORE I got the letter. Although I was pleased with finding my name there, I can't believe that NYS was faster than Castle. It took from April 20, test day, to June 28 for the web post. June 29 for the letter.
I guess its just part of the continual price we pay for living in this state! :poop:

Even though I love it (I live in central NY), I also hate it! :smileyballs:
Duh. Make that I took the April 07 exam.

It looks like the latest "inductees" on the NY State Board site are mostly New Yorkers. Could we be getting close?

I have took the FE/EIT exam 3 times, I wish I will pass this time...I can't wait for the result..GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU

NY is definitely posting results online today. One guy in my office just let out a primal scream when he saw his name on the list

does anyone have any insight on what is taking so long?
maybe I mispoke, NY is not posting exam results, they are posting license numbers on the online verification system. So there would be no way for FE takers to know until they got their envelope in the mail.

sorry for the confusion

but do the FE people get the results the same day as the PE? some guy from the other forums said they mailed out the results yesterday... probably will get it tomorrow??

but do the FE people get the results the same day as the PE? some guy from the other forums said they mailed out the results yesterday... probably will get it tomorrow??
my understanding is that the PE and FE results go out the same time.

you will probably get results in the mail tomorrow or Monday depending on how close you are to Albany. If you are really close (Schenectady, Troy, etc) , you may get it today if they really mailed them yesterday.

Yep! NYS Board is up to the C's. I am a K, so I will probably get my letter before I am posted (if I passed, which I don't expect to). Good luck to all of my fellow New Yorkers. I will probably see some of you in Brooklyn in April.

Back