Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed Logan, too. Very violent, but I enjoyed the story. The girl who played Laura was pretty impressive, too.

to me it was one of those movies where 30 minutes into it you can pretty much predict what is going to happen....

We decided not to take my son to see Logan.  Instead, we watched Dr. Strange on Amazon, which was pretty decent but I am already forgetting it.  So in other words, typical Marvel movie. 

Has anyone seen the preview for the movie called Raw? I saw it in the previews for Logan. Everyone in the theater was like, "Nope, think I'll pass." I am in the same boat.

really?  I had not read that much into it, but that was a pretty good series of books not sure why they would scrap all the upfront stuff?

I recorded a movie on cable last week and watched it last night called Krampus.  Not your basic Christmas movie.  Interesting odd mix of humor, drama, and horror.  Not a complete waste of time.
I managed to make my kid terrified of Krampus before there was ever a movie, so much so that she cried on Christmas Eve.  Now I put the movie on whenever it shows up on HBO.

really?  I had not read that much into it, but that was a pretty good series of books not sure why they would scrap all the upfront stuff?
it's on its 3rd director and a gazillion rewrites...guess it was easier to do a based on storyline than try to live up to the books?  When you switch the race of the main character, it sort of causes a problem with certain parts of the series.  

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was definitely worth the watch if you like Harry Potter.

Arrival was good, but it kind of made me a little sad afterwards.

Dr. Strange is up next in the movie queue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Present

I took the family to see Beauty and the Beast this weekend.  I used to watch the animated version over and over again with my daughter, who is now pretty much grown up.  So my opinion of "pretty good, but I'd prefer to see the cartoon again" needs to be viewed with some suspicion for the nostalgia I obviously felt watching it with her again.

Some weird PC stuff that didn't seem all too fitting, as well, but you know....

I had to cut my kids down to "one beast watching per day" when they were toddlers.  I used to enjoy watching it with them.  I doubt I'll go to the theater but will absolutely watch it if/when it comes on cable.

My kids have both been obsessed with Mr. Peabody and Sherman - usually watch it 2x a day

Taking my son to see Lego Batman tonight - wife already took him once, but he wants to go again.

Also need to go see Logan.

Wife will probably take son to go see Power Rangers when it comes out.  

My kids went through various movie and TV show obsessions growing up, and since they were spread so far apart, it really covered a lot of years.  For my daughter it was mostly Beauty and Beast, Mulan, and Spongebob.  For my son, there's a bigger list with highlights for Thomas the Tank Engine, The Incredibles, and a host of NOVA space-related episodes but mostly the one about the Mars Rovers (the old ones - Spirit and Opportunity).  

We still have many of these DVDs, but I got my ass chewed out yesterday for apparently giving away my daughter's Disney-girly DVD collection, including Beast...

We also went and saw Beauty & The Beast with a screening of the old cartoon version at our place beforehand. It was pretty good! The screen play was pretty epic IMO.

We also went and saw Beauty & The Beast with a screening of the old cartoon version at our place beforehand. It was pretty good! The screen play was pretty epic IMO.
I want to do that too, but I am debating  the theater vs the drive in's promise to have it shortly after it opens next weekend.

Back