Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought Dr Strange on Saturday. Watched it twice.

Went into it with no real expectations, but really enjoyed it. Granted, I love the Marvel Universe movies...

I generally have to see a movie through but I came real close to putting a stop to "Assasins Creed" about halfway through
The only reason to watch it was so that the people who have played the games can hem and haw over it not following suit.  I've never seen such a blatant setup for a sequel in my life, though.

Finally got around to seeing The Book Thief, I know it's a few years late.  It's a pretty awesome movie with the usual gripes about movies from books.

Hell or High Water is worthwhile.  Jeff Bridges plays the modern day equivalent of Rooster Cogburn as a Texas Ranger.

Watched Arrival with the wife.  Although nothing spectacular, we liked it.  Along the lines of Interstellar as far as having a time traveling plot.  

Had the same feeling about passengers- but it wasn't totally terrible ...
It was actually pretty good.  It wasn't until it was over that I started to realize that it was basically a girl movie set on a spaceship with some drama thrown in.

Bought Dr Strange on Saturday. Watched it twice.

Went into it with no real expectations, but really enjoyed it. Granted, I love the Marvel Universe movies...
"Dr. Strange" was entertaining enough to watch, I just didn't get the point of having so many visual effects.  It seemed like it wasn't relevant to the movie so much as some computer guy saying, "hey, look what I can do".

How bad was the R-ratedness in Logan?  Would you hesitate taking a 13 year old to see it?  

I watched Dr. Strange over the weekend, too. I enjoyed it enough, but think it would have been better to see in a theater. This is mainly based on a few of my coworkers seeing it in the theaters and saying that the special effects were awesome on the big screen. Oh well, missed that boat!

I recorded a movie on cable last week and watched it last night called Krampus.  Not your basic Christmas movie.  Interesting odd mix of humor, drama, and horror.  Not a complete waste of time.

How bad was the R-ratedness in Logan?  Would you hesitate taking a 13 year old to see it?  
There is a boob scene and violence / gore throughout.  It's similar to Deadpool.

How is the Kodi stream?  I assume most (all?) of the streams are cam videos?  I can't imagine watching a movie in that quality.

I saw last night that it looks like it's finally showed up with an actual movie stream but it was late enough that I didn't want to start a 2:15 movie.  I'd really like to watch it but it's usually best to give them a little time to get a decent stream going...unless there was a digital version leaked at some point.

It was the same way with the DVD's at the Hadji shops overseas.  The first run of DVD's for a new movie were usually pretty rushed camcorder jobs.  Once the movie had been out for a while then they'd have a chance to get a better version.

It's really not all that good- all these avenger / marvel type movies are basically all the same...I was drug to it last night...

I really liked Logan. My kids were pissed I wouldn't let them watch it. I heard it was a bit too rough, so Mrs Dex and I decided to "screen it" first. It will be a couple of years before we'll let them see it.

Back